cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arbiter installation fails - Installation Wizard ended Prematurely

SapnaRai
Occasional Visitor

Arbiter installation fails - Installation Wizard ended Prematurely

The Machine which had vCenter and Arbiter , Crashed. Vcenter was reinstalled successfully on the same machine, but Arbiter installation failed with the error message " HPE Simplivity Arbiter Set up Wizard ended Prematurely because of an Error "

Checked the installation log shows

req -new -nodes -batch -config "C:\Program Files\SimpliVity\SimpliVity Arbiter\\scripts\ssltmp.conf" -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout "C:\Program Files\SimpliVity\SimpliVity Arbiter\var\svtfs\0\myconf\static\node.key" -out "C:\Program Files\SimpliVity\SimpliVity Arbiter\var\svtfs\0\myconf\static\node.csr" -subj /CN=VCENTER.ASSURANCE.LOCAL -days 1095 -sha256

WARNING: can't open config file: C:\jenkins\workspace\openssl-fips-omni3p\PLAT\windows_2016_x64\build\Static\Release\openssl-install/ssl/openssl.cnf

Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key

.................+++

....+++

C:\Program Files\SimpliVity\SimpliVity Arbiter\var\svtfs\0\myconf\static\node.key: Permission denied

unable to write 'random state'

writing new private key to 'C:\Program Files\SimpliVity\SimpliVity Arbiter\var\svtfs\0\myconf\static\node.key'

21184:error:02001005:system library:fopen:Input/output error:.\crypto\bio\bss_file.c:402:fopen('C:\Program Files\SimpliVity\SimpliVity Arbiter\var\svtfs\0\myconf\static\node.key','wb')

21184:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:.\crypto\bio\bss_file.c:404:

I first attempted to update the idenity store

dsv-identitystore-init “administrator@vsphere.local “  < ESXiHost IP address of corresponding OVC> root

Ran this command. Now, the Arbiter service is seen under services.msc   But svt-federation-show still shows Arbiter Disconnected  

So, ran the command below

dsv-arbiter-instance-set --address IP --cluster "Clustername"

svt-federation-show  , now shows the Arbiter connected.

3 REPLIES 3
DeclanOR
HPE Pro

Re: Arbiter installation fails - Installation Wizard ended Prematurely

Hi @SapnaRai 

Thanks for the information.

I take it this is purely informational right, in case anybody else comes across similar.

You seem to have resolved the issue correct?

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

B0ris
Advisor

I had a similar problem and I just run Arbiter installation packet "As Administrator" and it worked.

DeclanOR
HPE Pro

Hi @B0ris @SapnaRai 

Similar issue may happen due to compatability.

Right click the .exe file,

- properties

- compatibility

- compatibility mode

- select tickbox to run in compatibiity mode for previous versions of windows

Accept or Kudo