HPE SimpliVity
1753826 Members
8630 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can we get more updated supported releases of ESXi?

DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @Kevin4 

No problem Kevin.

Thank you.

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

MikeSeden
HPE Pro

To reply in support of Declans answer,

SimpliVity is not part of a VMware solution, VMware is part of a SimpliVity solution. It doesn't matter if they want to use the newest ESXi of the VMware virtualization Platform. The SimpliVity solution uses a version of ESXi that has been tailored to what SimpliVity does. VMware is a virtualization platform that has been modified to use on SimpliVity. SimpliVity has not been modified to use on VMware. VMware really doesn't know what what SimpliVity does. The fact that SimpliVity uses Hyper-V as a virtualization platform as well as VMware, should tell you that SimpliVity is the solution not VMware. The server firmware, LSI, NIC, controller, and drive firmware's have to jive and then you the build of ESX and the build of vCenter to get compatible (for each server type and size). VMware puts a version out and basically says, here- tell us what doesn't work so we can patch it. SimpliVity as a solution can't do that. We use VMware's intellectual property with permission in our solution. We are their partner in that respect so when we "make the Hypervisor" work in our solution it takes changes.

If it isn't in the interop guide it hasn't been tested and is not supported.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo