6934 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot register SimpliVity 4.0.1 cluster with Infosight

tonymcmillan
Frequent Advisor

Cannot register SimpliVity 4.0.1 cluster with Infosight

When trying to register a new SVT cluster, we receive the following error:

An error occurred registering with HPE InfoSight. Verify the Claim Token and try again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
LiamP
HPE Pro

Can you provide a little information on your environment/Federation in terms of how many nodes, clusters, datacenters & vCenters and are all the names unique?

Have you also referneced the following KB:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000044504

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

MikeSeden
HPE Pro

It might have to do with the My Organizations- Have you created an Org "Xcluster"? I also see in the Yammer thread that tokens expire. 

The SimpliVity InfoSight page has you create an org and then it gives a token. Then it lists This:

Prerequisites
  • All HPE OmniStack hosts use HPE OmniStack 3.7.8 software.

• HPE OmniWatch feature remains enabled (default setting).

• Manually enabled the HPE InfoSight registration feature in HPE SimpliVity Plug-in for vSphere Client.

Procedure
  1. Click HPE Server Registration to obtain a token and copy it. (You need to copy the token to paste it into vSphere Client.)
  2. Log in to vSphere Client (HTML5) with HPE SimpliVity Plug-in already installed.
  3. From vSphere Client Home, click Global Inventory Lists. Then click Clusters.
  4. Click a cluster from the table. (The registration applies to all the clusters in the federation.)
  5. Click the Configure tab.
  6. Under More, click HPE OmniWatch.
  7. In the HPE InfoSight Registration section, paste the token you obtained in HPE InfoSight into the HPE InfoSight Claim Token field.
  8. Click Register. It can take up to 24 hours to populate HPE InfoSight with your federation data.

I know we have a dedicated group for infosight, I suggest you open a ticket if you can't get it to work. 

SimpliVity is on a Server but we are a part of Storage.. Infosight on SimpliVity is the Infosight for Stoage group. Also I beleive that Omniwatch is still involved.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo
jlangmead
Regular Advisor

Hi @tonymcmillan 

Just in case it's of interest, but I had exactly this too. It turns out it does successfully register depsite that error. It can take a couple of days to show up so keep checking back in InfoSight. Perhaps also take a look in the vCenter HPE Simplivity Federation home page - for me it showed that the cluster was now 'registered' with InfoSight - whereas previously it only showed as 'monitored'

kind regards

Candhade
HPE Pro

Pre-requisites
HPE OmniStack software 3.7.8 or above
HPE InfoSight has to be enabled from the HPE SimpliVity Plug-in for vSphere
For OmniStack versions prior to 4.0.0 the term is HPE OmniWatch
Verify that port 443 is open to outbound traffic
For all versions open port 443 to https://infosight.hpe.com
For OmniStack 3.7.9 or later, open port 443 to https://midway.ext.hpe.com/
For OmniStack 3.7.8, open port 443 to rsn.simplivity.com

Starting with HPE OmniStack 4.0.0 and above, the management interfaces (HPE SimpliVity Plugin) supports the Registration, Set Proxy, and Test Connectivity actions.
This makes it easier to setup HPE InfoSight on the HPE SimpliVity hosts and utilize it seamlessly.
HPE InfoSight sends the reports through an HPE SimpliVity server in the cloud (midway.ext.hpe.com) over HTTPS using TLS 1.2 encryption on port 443.

Check whether the environment has a Public DNS? If not, you need to add entries in etc/hosts.
On a machine that has access to public DNS, use the following command: nslookup midway.ext.hpe.com
You will need to create entries for three of the IPv4 addresses in the nslookup results. Example:
15.241.48.100 midway.ext.hpe.com
15.211.158.65 midway.ext.hpe.com
15.203.174.94 midway.ext.hpe.com

Verify that the firewall is open
Port 443 open to support agent end point. (for data transmission)
Port 443 open to https:\\infosight.hpe.com (for registration signature validation)

Steps:
Log in to HPE InfoSight with your HPE Passport account: https://infosight.hpe.com
For new accounts, verify your account through the automatic message sent to your mailbox from HPE InfoSight.
Obtain a claim token and copy it.
If you are using a new account, click HPE SimpliVity Registration to obtain a claim token and copy it.
If you logged in with an existing account, in Settings, under Servers, select My Organization and select Device Enrollment. Then, obtain a claim token and copy it.

Log in to vSphere Client (HTML5) with the HPE SimpliVity Plug-in for vSphere Client installed.
From vSphere Client Home, click Global Inventory Lists. Then, click Clusters.
Click a cluster from the table.
Registration applies to all the clusters in the federation.
Under More, click HPE OmniWatch.
In the HPE InfoSight Registration section, paste the claim token you obtained in the HPE InfoSight portal in to the HPE InfoSight Claim Token box.
Click Register.

If you are using HPE OmniStack for vSphere 3.7.10 or earlier, enable the Registration action in the HPE SimpliVity Plug-in for vSphere Client before you try to register your systems.
If you are using HPE OmniStack for vSphere 4.0.0 or later, use the HPE SimpliVity Plug-in for vSphere Client to register your systems.
Use the given procedure if:
тАвThe clusters that you want to register with HPE InfoSight are using HPE OmniStack for vSphere 3.7.10 or earlier.
тАвYou installed the HPE SimpliVity Plug-in for vSphere Client on a Windows system.

Please let us know if you need further assistance and also what version of HPE OmniStack for vSphere you have.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo