7475 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Change all managements IP for Omnistack et vSphere

Major88
Advisor

Change all managements IP for Omnistack et vSphere

Hello,

i've a query from client. He wants to move all ip addressing to new IP plan.  How i can proced for this change?

i've 2 nodes cluster of Simplivity 380 Gen10 + Omnistack v4.0 + vSphere 6.7u3

Actualy IP plan of management and vCenter is: 192.168.90.x/24

And i need move all to 10.1.9.x/24

All it's means: vCenter IP, ESXi IPs, Omnistack IP, Arbiter IP and gateways. The vsphere's part is configured with IP addresses, not FQDN. And the nodes communicates throught switch. vcenter appliance hosted on one of node and on simplivity datastore.

The federation and storage network doesn't need to move.

Is there any way to do it?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
MikeSeden
HPE Pro

You will need 3 IP addresses for each node,  A management, Federation and Storage.

It can be done but I would recommend letting one of us help by opening a support ticket. What type of care does the customer have?

Procedure for Changing the OVC Management or Federation IP Address 

1. Stop svtfs. I/O services fail over to other member systems in the datacenter, allowing the IP address change to occur without disruption to running Guest VMs on that member. It is normal to see yellow alarms on VMs and on other OVCs after stopping svtfs:stop svtfs
  2. Run the following command as root user:dsv-address-change --interface [Federation|Management] --address IPV4_addressIF the gateway is changing, you can do the same command with --gateway at the end: dsv-address-change --interface [Federation|Management] --address IPV4_address --gateway IPV4_address
  3. Monitor the command output to make sure that the address changed. This should take only a short time to complete
  4. 4. If the Management address changed in Step 4, the CLI SSH session is disconnected. Restart the SSH session, elevate to the root account and then start svtfs: # start svtfs
  5. Determine the OVC GUIDs:dsv-cfgdb-get-sync-status --ip 127.0.0.1
  6. Log in to the OVC that has the lowest GUID in the datacenter(s) that did not change from Step 7 and elevate to the root account
  7. Run the following command, specifying the OVC GUID that changed:dsv-peer-reset --peerid GUID_of_changed_node --old OldIPAdressForChangedNode --new NewIPAdressForChangedNodeExample:dsv-peer-reset --peerid 564d9c9c-9eb4-3d8b-99e5-11c9bda8820f --old 10.150.5.26 --new 10.150.5.28Any alarms observed in Step 3 self clear when VMs return to Storage HA Compliance.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo
Major88
Advisor

Ok, thank you for your answer.

And what about changing vCenter and ESX management IPs? Is there any impact for Omistacks? How to link /relink vCenter to the Simplivity federation after vCenter's IP change?

And in your solution, it will be one moment, when two Omistack will working in two different management IP network but in the same storage/federation IP network?

And as i did, the storage and federation IP will not change.

MikeSeden
HPE Pro

Remember the first thing I said was to call in and open a support ticket.
That way we can help you make the changes (and even do it for you) in real
time.

Mike S.
CA Online Service Webmaster
ASRC Chair 2020
CAWSC Acting Chair 2022
**personal info erased**

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo
Hetero_Labs_Ltd
Occasional Visitor

Hello Team,

Where can I find OVC GUID??

s-
HPE Pro

Hi @Hetero_Labs_Ltd 

User may use any of below method to get the UUID/GUID of OVC.

#sudo su
#source /var/tmp/build/bin/appsetup
#dsv-cfgdb-get-sync-status

Node ID is UUID/GUID of OVC.

OR

#sudo su
#source /var/tmp/build/bin/appsetup
#psql -c "SELECT sva_name,id as UUID from node where removed='f';"

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jaipal

I am an HPE employee

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo