108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Creating SimpliVity backup policy to StoreOnce

SOLVED
Go to solution
Randolfini
Frequent Advisor

Creating SimpliVity backup policy to StoreOnce

I'm running a mixed federation with two clusters of legacy Cisco Omnicube nodes running 3.7.10 U1 and one new HPE DL380G10 running 4.01 U1. I have a StoreOnce running the latest release (4.2.3-2011.40) that I registered with the 4.01U1 cluster as an external store.

From the SimpliVIty vSphere Plugin I don't see a way to create a backup policy to include the external store. Am I missing something or is it only possible via CLI as described in page 131 in the 4.01 Admin guide. as well as the 4.01 command reference guide

4 REPLIES 4
Mohsina_4
HPE Pro

Re: Creating SimpliVity backup policy to StoreOnce

Hi @Randolfini,

Thank you for your query. Here is a video that shows how you can back up straight to the HPE StoreOnce appliance. Click here.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Mohsina

[Moderator edit: Updated the broken link]

Accept or Kudo

Randolfini
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your reply Mohsina. I have reviewed the video you shared. The video demos a one-time backup direct to the StoreOnce and shows backup policies already made that include the StoreOnce external store as a destination.

I am able to backup directly to the StoreOnce if I do a one-time backup of a VM. However if I create a new backup policy in the GUI, I don't have the external store listed as a destination.

It would seem then the only way to create a backup policy with the external store as a destination is with the CLI?

Shivam1
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi @Randolfini,,

At this point of time creating backup policies from SVT to StoreOnce is only possible only through CLI, however, manual backups can be done using GUI per the video.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

MikeSeden
HPE Pro

If you would like to create a rule for Storing on Storeonce-

Create rule in existing policy.
root@omnicube-ip10.20:/home/administrator-xyz# svt-policy-rule-create --policy <existing_policy_name> --frequency <see --help> --start_time <format=00:00> --end_time <format=00:00> --retention <see --help> --external-store <Name of storeonce>

*Note: underscore in start and stop times and: new switch name --external-store

You will see 2 rules in policy list in policy GUI, delete old rule

As always --help is our friend

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo