1745808 Members
3732 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Datastore missing after vmware patch

Stefano Colombo
Valued Contributor

Datastore missing after vmware patch

We have an issue after installing the vmware patch ESXi650-202102001.zip on a simplivity VMware ESXi, 6.5.0, 16901156

After rebooting the host it doesn't see the nfs datastore from the cluster anymore

4 REPLIES 4
Stefano Colombo
Valued Contributor

Re: Datastore missing after vmware patch

We noticed that after installing the pathc the 10Gb Qlogic NICS are no more recognized

support_s
System Recommended

Query: Datastore missing after vmware patch

System recommended content:

1. VMware ESX 3.5.x - Datastore/LUN Is Missing After SAN Malfunction

2. VMware ESX server 3.x - Build 199239: Patching Host Reports with Error "Yum not installed or yum.conf missing- please reinstall yum and retry"

If the above information is helpful, then please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon.

Thank you for being a HPE community member.

Accept or Kudo

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

Could you check with if the installed patch is compatible with the OVC software in your environment?

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00099036en_us 

You also mentioned that the 10Gb Qlogic NICS are no more recognized after the patch upgrade. Is this seen for all the hosts in the cluster? 

Was there any change in the network driver after upgrading the  patch? If yes, could you try downgrading the driver to previously working version and check?

Also please check the nic teaming settings. 

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a50000783enw 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Stefano Colombo
Valued Contributor

Hello

the patch is compatible with simplivity environment as it's the one mentioned in the compatibility matrix to update to 6.5EP06

We upgraded just one host so I can only tell about that host but I suppose the problem would have been to all of them

I did not check for the network driver version nor has the HPE support, I opened a ticket with, which was not able to provide a solution.

I eventually rolled back the installation and got the server up and running