7109 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Deployment Manager + internal SSL certificate

sergeisokolov
Advisor

Deployment Manager + internal SSL certificate

Greetings,

Has anyone used Deployment Manager with internally issued SSL certificates?
It appers DM is unable use those during login and gives the error:

"Cannot access vCenter Server due to a certificate error. Check that vCenter Server uses valid certrificates (signed by a trusted CA and issued to the correct vCenter Server name)."

And there is no option to accept the certificate.

I've opened a case with HPE support and they are suggesting to replace the certificate with an old one and after deployment install the internally issued certificate back. But it's very weird there is no option to accept the certificate.

Maybe there is an opton in Deployment Manager's App.config file?

2 REPLIES 2
DamianErangey
HPE Pro

Re: Deployment Manager + internal SSL certificate

I dont believe there is an option as support were saying, it may be the case you have to install the cert after the deployment (back to your cert)

That being said, there is an option to disable the harvest of the cirtificate during deployment. as in some cases that may not be feasible during a deployment.  In order to work around those issues, you will need to replace the below element in the Deploy Orchistrator.XML 

<HMS>
<RootCertificates harvest="false" />
</HMS>

support will need to assist you with this process

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Rajaram02
HPE Pro

Deployment manager throws error "- Cannot access vCenter Server due to a certificate error

Deployment manager throws error "- Cannot access vCenter Server due to a certificate error. Check that vCenter Server uses valid certificates (signed by a trusted CA and issued to the correct vCenter Server name).

Cause : Missing simlink for /etc/vmware-vpx/docRoot/certs

Resolution :

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/89325

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo