7091 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ESXi 7.0U2 support

Ryan_Hardy
Frequent Advisor

ESXi 7.0U2 support

Hello!

When is support for ESXi 7.0U2 to be expected? The latest supported 7.0 release is 7.0U1d from February 2021.
We are falling behind more and more...

6 REPLIES 6
Jags_21
HPE Pro

Hi Ryan,

I would request to please contact the Accounts team who should be able to provide some ETA, be assured HPE is working towards releasing the support for the newer versions and soon you should hear about it.

Look at similar conversation (I see your response as well in that post) on same topic and an advisory mentioning what are the issues causing with newer version for SimpliVity environment

Post: https://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-SimpliVity/vCenter-Server-7-0-U2-support/td-p/7136335#.YUQzlp0zaUk

HPE Advisory: Advisory: HPE SimpliVity Gen10 Systems - Hosts Running VMware vCenter Server 7.0 Update 1 (or Later) May Experience Unpredictable Behavior

My last suggestion is do please log a case with support team and request for Level2 support who should provide more guidelines to how-to go about and they might provide some approval process considering criticality involved to go ahead for upgrade.

I am sorry nothing much information available as of now

Thanks,

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Ryan_Hardy
Frequent Advisor

Just a suggestion: Maybe, just maybe, don't let others do the dirty job of being the one unable to tell me any ETA for updates because of some company guidelines. Also, there is no need for private messages as the update finally supporting 7.0U2 is highly overdue for ALL OF US! I mean hell, 7.0U3 is already knocking on the door now and yet a big enterprise like HPE is unable to update its product (which at least to my knowledge is not EOL) to support the hypervisor version the rest of the world is using for months.

It has come to a point where I never ever would recommend SimpliVity even to my worst enemy. No one should be left alone with such a critical part of IT infrastructure. This hurts, as some years ago we were one of the few companies using this "new" technology and I personally had been praising it to others. Now, having my VDI cluster on vSAN for some years (while my server cluster is on SimpliVity), the decision is clear as day. So please HPE, just put the whole SimpliVity line EOL already and be done with it.

bbelew
Advisor

Has there ever been any update on when we may be seeing this supported?

With the holidays coming up we are quickly approaching being a year behind on patches!!!

Ryan_Hardy
Frequent Advisor

Oh, no, you didn't miss anything. That's just the way of HPE showing they don't give a sh**.

gustenar
HPE Pro

@bbelew 

HPE Simplivity software version 4.1.1 will include support for Custom ESXi bundles 7.0 u2a, u2d, scheduled to be out next month. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Ryan_Hardy
Frequent Advisor

You successfully ignored we were not asking IF 7.0U2 will be supported (duh!), but WHEN. And WHEN is the major complain coming from us customers. 

Update: I see you updated your reply with a timeframe. Now FINALLY we at least have a date.