HPE SimpliVity
1752277 Members
4422 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Error removing host from Simplivity Federation

Tphoenix82

Error removing host from Simplivity Federation

I am redploying 2 nodes but the engineer that removed the nodes didnt remove from federation first. So now the remove command wont work because the nodes are no longer online. Support is telling us we have to pay for any help because they consider it a new deployment. All I need is for them to run the script to remove the old node nodes that are in error satte. Would that not be covered under our support contract?

I'm a little irritated because we actually just did this last year with some other nodes we had and support walked me through the entire reinstall over webex.

2 REPLIES 2
gustenar
HPE Pro

@Tphoenix82 

When you say that the nodes were removed, are you saying that they were removed from vCenter inventory? Were they in a failed status before? I'm trying to understand why you can't remove them right now. 

What version of Simplivity are you running?

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
MikeSeden
HPE Pro

I suggest you open a ticket with the CSC and let us take a look at it. We are here to help. It might take a little time for the redeploy, and if there is a n issue with your service contract we will do a trust case.  But we don't deny you help that is for sure.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo