HPE SimpliVity
1748060 Members
5130 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Eventmgr is not connected to this OmniCube system. / no leader in federation

SOLVED
Go to solution
jneau
Advisor

Eventmgr is not connected to this OmniCube system. / no leader in federation

Hello,

I have 10 nodes in federation with zone. An error appears on all nodes : Eventmgr is not connected to this OmniCube system. and when command dsv-balance-show, error : "leader unknow"

Command "Svt-vm-show" and "svt-federation-show" pass and is ok.

Version use : 4.0.0.1249

Thank for you feedback,

Ju,

7 REPLIES 7
Shivam1
HPE Pro

Re: Eventmgr is not connected to this OmniCube system. / no leader in federation

If leader node is not elected follow this

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=sf000061428en_us

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

jneau
Advisor

Hello,

Thank for reply,

HPe support followed this KB, but still no leader.

Command svt-iwo-show --datacenter XXX --cluster XXXX returns "cannot locate the cluster. Check name of the cluster"

And dsv-balance-show, leader unknow

Thanks,

DaveOb
HPE Pro

On Each OVC 

Note this is non disruptive 

For nodes 3.7.7 and below:

stop svt-event-manager && stop svt-hyperproxy-server && stop svt-rest ; start svt-hyperproxy-server ;start svt-event-manager ; start svt-rest

For 3.7.8 & Later:

stop svt-controlservices && stop svt-hyperproxy-server && stop svt-rest ; start svt-hyperproxy-server ;start svt-controlservices ; start svt-rest

If that fails I would open a support ticket 

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
jneau
Advisor

Hello,

Thank you for reply,

All his commands have been executed, still no leader. A case has been open for 4 days.

And after placing command "dsv-cfgdb-get-sync-status" wrong GUIDs appear, hold host has beean reinstalled by support. I would like to have the command which allows to purge GUIDs.

best regards,

DaveOb
HPE Pro

if the old GUID exists then the node was not successfully removed from the federation.

Removing of such a GUID should only be done by support , the commands do so  have to be loaded onto an OVC and ran by support.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
jneau
Advisor

I suspect it, but we follow the prerequisites and guide procedures and we have incorrect information.

jneau
Advisor
Solution

Hello everybody,

My case is resolved.

To solve the problem, we added a new node never added to the federation and this allowed to find our leader then we proceeded to the factory stay of the node remove. Well done.

But still no explanation why removing a node properly made us lose the leader ....

Best regards,