1748123 Members
3412 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Federation is empty after changing vCenter

J-Philippe
Regular Advisor

Federation is empty after changing vCenter

Hello, on 3.7.8 version I have to assign a new vCenter (VCSA) to the SVT hosts.

From the CLI all is fine, svt-federation-show is OK, dsv-vcenter-server-show is ok on both OVC, I've updated the digital-vault-init (despite credential did not change)

I've tried to uninstall / reinstall the plugin. Plugin itself is installed but do not show informations.

plugin.PNG

Any idea ?

3 REPLIES 3
dhooley
HPE Pro

Re: Federation is empty after changing vCenter

Hi Phillippe,

After a vCenter change of any kind, even a simple re-install the OVC's need to be updated using the dsv-update-vcenter command. It appears as though this may not have been done at this stage.

Executing this command on each OVC (requires a reboot) using the following syntax should resolve your issue:

sudo dsv-update-vcenter --server VC-IP --username "administrator@vsphere.local" --password "Admin-Password"

Also verify there is network connectivity from the new VCSA to all OVC's over port 9190 TCP.

If you still have issues post this, then you can check the hyperproxyserver.log or jauth.log for clues but it is probably best to open a support ticket at that stage and we can assist.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
J-Philippe
Regular Advisor

Ho dhooley, thank you.

For sure I've made the dsv-update-vcenter. Both OVC are displaying now the "new" vcenter.

Going to ckeck the connectivity on the port 9190.

Keep you update

J-Philippe
Regular Advisor

As everything was good I've re type the dsv-update-vcenter and now it is working, I've used double quote " instead  single ' maybe it was a typo error.

Regards