8581 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Query: Firmware upgrade HPE Qlogic NX2 package

ErwinH
Advisor

Firmware upgrade HPE Qlogic NX2 package

hello forum members,

A few weeks ago we upgraded all hosts to 4.1.1U1. In principle everything went well, however the upgrade manager on 3 hosts indicates that the firmware is still on the old version. I have registered a ticket for this, one of the actions I have taken as a result of support is to run the firmware manually. What i found was that it fails on the package 'HPE Qlogic NX2 firmware utility', this package tries to upgrade the network adapter 'HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 534FLR-SFP+'. HPE support wants to replace the network card, but I have (it seems) this problem on three hosts, i found it hard to believe that three cards are defective. By the way, the Simplivity hosts are running fine. After some research it turns out that the current version of that card is quite old (7.18.26 - 2.26.7 20-12-2019), so it seems that with the previous updates this firmware never has been updated. My question is, is there anyone who is aware of this or has experienced this? They are Simplivity systems from 2018.

12 REPLIES 12
support_s
System Recommended
ErwinH
Advisor

What should I do with this information, I've read both articles for a long time but I don't see what they have to do with my issue. Article 1 is about Windows Server and article 2 is from 2016 and of course I restarted the host several times.

Tam92
HPE Pro

Hello Erwin,

I understand that the Firmware update is failing.

I would recommend you to try an incremental update for the Network Card.

All the versions would be listed in the revision history section.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_5c36a010670f468aaf3caaa7c3

Please try to update and let us know if it works.

Thanks,

HPE

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

ErwinH
Advisor

Hello Tam92,

That is also my idea, this is one of the questions i asked in ticket 5361940778?! But still no answer, i am waiting for confermation from the Simplivity Team. An other question asked is, why isn't this network adapter not on the Simplivity interoperability guide?

kind regards

Tam92
HPE Pro

Hello,

As the case  5361940778 is already logged with HPE Support, they should be able to answer your queries.

The InterOp guide will have the major components listed.. All other components will be listed under release notes for the SVTSP.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_72de81c43a724cb9b6ac6640a3#tab4 

Thanks 

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

ErwinH
Advisor

Hi, i will wait for support to answer but the case is almost 1 month open! About the interoperability guide, i understand your reply but in my case you need to know that the ''HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 534FLR-SFP+' is part of the 'HPE QLogic NX2 Online Firmware Upgrade Utility for Linux x86_64' package. Its misleading because the version of the NX2 package is 2.29.2 but you don't see this in ILO. Anyway thanks for your comment.
ICPMuenchen
Frequent Advisor

@ErwinH 

Did you get any Feedback on this from HPE Support?
We have the same Issues and with the current update SVTSP-2022_0624.05 its still failing.qlogic error.png

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @ICPMuenchen

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and help you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
DL_AT_Delivery

I had the same issue on 7 out of 25 hosts in 1 vcenter / federation

I tried several SVTSP isos and methods, in the end

I have uploaded the following to ILO repository and added to install queue of ILO:

HPE QLogic NX2 Online Firmware Upgrade Utility for Linux x86_64

firmware-nic-qlogic-nx2-2.29.2-1.1.x86_64.rpm

firmware-nic-qlogic-nx2-2.29.2-1.1.x86_64.compsig

https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/softwaredetails?softwareId=MTX_8e6e5f6fdcf540a8901cb10b78

with SVTSP 20220624 iso, I chose intractive update and install from queue.

With this method the update was successful. It needs investigattion by HPE to fix what goes wrong with the standard way.