HPE SimpliVity
1752511 Members
4719 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE SimpliVity Plug-in cannot complete the task because it cannot contact the HPE OmniStack virt

coretizora

HPE SimpliVity Plug-in cannot complete the task because it cannot contact the HPE OmniStack virtual

Hi Everyone 

I recently had a vcenter siyying on a vm, i have moved it to a standalone windows machine, we are using simplivity. we installed HPE Simplivity plugin for Omnistack version 3.7.8. It seems to be working fine.. the only issue is that its failing to communicate with Omnistack Virtual Controller

Please Advise.

Khonzani Tizora

13 REPLIES 13
LiamP
HPE Pro

Re: HPE SimpliVity Plug-in cannot complete the task because it cannot contact the HPE OmniStack virt

1. What are you seeing/errors in vCenter's virgo logs associated with the HPe SimpliVity Plugin?
  2. Is the plugin visible in vCenter
  3. Is port 9190 open?

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Kripanidhi
HPE Pro

Basend on your question, my understading is that you moved the nodes to another vCenter, if this is the case.

1. Port 9190 should be reachable from Vcenter to OVC management network.

2. If this is moved ,please reach out to support and they would have to register the nodes to new vCenter server. using commands.

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

gustenar
HPE Pro

@coretizora 

You need to update the OmniStack controllers with the new vCenter information. I would suggest running this command on all OVCs, one at a time:

To get root access:

>sudo su

#source /var/tmp/build/bin/appsetup

Then run:

dsv-update-vcenter --server <IP address of new vCenter Server> --user <vsphere administrator with domain> --password <vsphere admin password>

Have in mind that this command requires rebooting the Omnistack controller. You may need to plan for a maintenance window.

Hope it helps.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
BenH10
Advisor

I just had to run this command after restoring vCenter, there is some information missing to this. Special characters are not really supported with this command, place a "\" before every special characeter and make sure the password is surrounded by single quotes. 

Run SVT-VM-SHOW before running this command and verify all VMs are HA compliant. The command is going to reboot the OVC right after running the command. 

If this does not fix the issue, re install the plugin. I recoomend using the vCenter Server Appliance for vCenter. The Windows version of vCenter is no longer being developed. 

Daniel_ST
Occasional Advisor

Hi, I have the same problem. I need to update the controllers. I have OmniStack 4.0.0 and when I try to execute the command I get an error:

dsv-update-vcenter : command not found

Thanks in advanced!
Daniel

B0ris
Frequent Advisor

@Daniel_ST: Did you execute this commands prior to executing dsv-update-vcenter:

sudo su

source /var/tmp/build/bin/appsetup

Rajini_Saini
HPE Pro

Please elevated the access to root to try the dsv commands.

sudo su
source source /var/tmp/build/bin/appsetup

and then try the dsv command with its options.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Daniel_ST
Occasional Advisor

Ok, thanks you ...

my mistake was to write  #source /var/tmp/build/bin/appsetup

Now all ok.

One more question... Can i execute the command and reinitialice the OmniStack more later, when I can or the command  do a reinitialice at the moment ?

P.D. (sorry by my english)

Thanks!

Rajini_Saini
HPE Pro

Please run the command when you are ready to reboot the OVC.
The command requires OVC reboot for the update to take place.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo