HPE SimpliVity
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE SimpliVity Plug-in cannot complete the task because it cannot contact the HPE OmniStack virtual

coretizora
Occasional Visitor

HPE SimpliVity Plug-in cannot complete the task because it cannot contact the HPE OmniStack virtual

Hi Everyone 

I recently had a vcenter siyying on a vm, i have moved it to a standalone windows machine, we are using simplivity. we installed HPE Simplivity plugin for Omnistack version 3.7.8. It seems to be working fine.. the only issue is that its failing to communicate with Omnistack Virtual Controller

Please Advise.

Khonzani Tizora

4 REPLIES 4
LiamP
Advisor

Re: HPE SimpliVity Plug-in cannot complete the task because it cannot contact the HPE OmniStack virt

1. What are you seeing/errors in vCenter's virgo logs associated with the HPe SimpliVity Plugin?
  2. Is the plugin visible in vCenter
  3. Is port 9190 open?
I am a HPE Employee
Kripanidhi
Occasional Visitor

Re: HPE SimpliVity Plug-in cannot complete the task because it cannot contact the HPE OmniStack virt

Basend on your question, my understading is that you moved the nodes to another vCenter, if this is the case.

1. Port 9190 should be reachable from Vcenter to OVC management network.

2. If this is moved ,please reach out to support and they would have to register the nodes to new vCenter server. using commands.

I am a HPE Employee
gustenar
HPE Pro

@coretizora 

You need to update the OmniStack controllers with the new vCenter information. I would suggest running this command on all OVCs, one at a time:

To get root access:

>sudo su

#source /var/tmp/build/bin/appsetup

Then run:

dsv-update-vcenter --server <IP address of new vCenter Server> --user <vsphere administrator with domain> --password <vsphere admin password>

Have in mind that this command requires rebooting the Omnistack controller. You may need to plan for a maintenance window.

Hope it helps.

Accept or Kudo
BenH10
Advisor

I just had to run this command after restoring vCenter, there is some information missing to this. Special characters are not really supported with this command, place a "\" before every special characeter and make sure the password is surrounded by single quotes. 

Run SVT-VM-SHOW before running this command and verify all VMs are HA compliant. The command is going to reboot the OVC right after running the command. 

If this does not fix the issue, re install the plugin. I recoomend using the vCenter Server Appliance for vCenter. The Windows version of vCenter is no longer being developed.