HPE SimpliVity
1752786 Members
5962 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Happy New Year! - How do we get support for SimpliVity?

tonymcmillan
Frequent Advisor

Happy New Year! - How do we get support for SimpliVity?

Greetings:

We are an HPE reseller. We opened a support ticket around 10:00AM this morning with a failed node and still have not gotten a call back. It is now after 5:00PM.  We are being told we are still in line for a tech.

Since this is a two-node cluster and one node is down, they are hanging by a thread. This customer has invested in three 2-node clusters; six nodes in total. 

The customer purchased the 24x7x4 three-year support agreement for all their nodes.

Any suggestions on how we can get help would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
tonymcmillan
Frequent Advisor

Re: Happy New Year! - How do we get support for SimpliVity?

At 9:30PM, I called to get status on this ticket. I have a tier 1 technician sitting between me and tier 2. She's trying a bunch of basic things, checking for the 'nostart' file, etc. After gathering a few command responses, she suggested I try restarting the OVC from vCenter in the hopes it might "just work" this time. I politely declined since she made absolutely no changes to the system. 

I explained that we have been selling and installing SimpliVity solutions since early 2019. My top engineer has extensive experience with SimpliVity and he couldn't fix it. 

After being on the phone for nearly two hours, and never got to a tier 2 technician. I am calling it a day. (it's 11:15PM)

This ticket has been open for over 13 hours and we've gotten nowhere. So much for the 24x7x4 support. 

It's become quite clear that HPE has pretty much abandoned this product and all of those who invested in it. 

MikeSeden
HPE Pro

Re: Happy New Year! - How do we get support for SimpliVity?

Tony,

The service contract for that SimpliVity Node was for foundation care which comes out of Bangalore. 

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo