6556 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Hosts are rebooting instead of shutdown

ICPMuenchen
Frequent Advisor

Hosts are rebooting instead of shutdown

Hey Folks,

when we use the shutdown function for a host which is in maintenance mode in vcenter (of course we safely shutdown the virtual controller first) the host always reboots. We have to log in directly into the console via iLo e.g. to use the shutdown command again.

Is this by design? Using ProLiant DL380 Gen10 with Omnistack 4.0.1 and vCenter 6.7

Regards

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
Shivam1
HPE Pro

Re: Hosts are rebooting instead of shutdown

Hi Peter,

Do you see an alarm on the summary page of ESXi host,a workaround can be disconencting host from vCenter and add it again( Non-disruptive process),If it has been done, we request you to log a case with HPE SimpliVity support/VMware support.

Re-deployment can be the ultimate fix,however we can park it until there is a sign-off from Breakfix team for the same.

Best Regards

Shivam  

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

ICPMuenchen
Frequent Advisor

Hello Shivam,

no alarms or anything else. the behaviour is just a normal reboot instead of a shutdown.

because we only needed this twice now due to a ram upgrade, and both simplivity nodes showed the same behaviour i was wondering if this is by design, or a real shutdown could only be made directly on the console of the node.

i dont want to remove them from vcenter or do anything else, cause they are up and running without any issues. 

Thanks anyway

Peter

AnkiN
Valued Contributor

Hi @ICPMuenchen ,

Thank you for using the HPE SimpliVity forum.

The behavior is not based on the design you should be able to do the shutdown operation through the iLO or by using the vCenter options. 

I would request to log a case with support to check what is causing this issue.