HPE SimpliVity
1753653 Members
5404 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: I would like to know the difference between the two configurations of Simplicity.

han_yckim
Occasional Contributor

I would like to know the difference between the two configurations of Simplicity.

Hello
I am currently conducting a Simplicity test.
I'd like to know the difference between the two configurations in this regard.

No.1  Same vCenter, Different Cluster (vCenter 1ea, Cluster 2ea)

- cluster 1 -> 2node Simplivity , Cluster2 -> 2node Simplivity (A total of four Simplivity)

No.2 Different vCenter, Different Cluster (vCenter 2ea, Cluster 2ea. Linked Mode)

- vCenter1(cluster) -> 2node Simplivity , vCenter2(Cluster) -> 2node Simplivity (A total of four Simplivity)

Please tell me in detail what the functional differences between the two configurations are.

1 REPLY 1
Rohit_Singh
Regular Visitor

Re: I would like to know the difference between the two configurations of Simplicity.

Hi @han_yckim ,

Thank you for using HPE SimpliVity Forum.

The linked mode VCenters in a Single Federation can give you better management options for the SimpliVity objects.

This feature enables you to:

• Create a remote virtual machine backup in a different vCenter Server.
  • Restore a virtual machine from a backup stored on an HPE OmniStack host in a different vCenter Server
    instead of the vCenter Server of the virtual machine host.
  • Move virtual machines between clusters contained by an HPE OmniStack host in a different vCenter Server,
    but in the same HPE SimpliVity federation.

To know more about the features and guidelines. Refer to the below link on page number 22.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00097045en_us

I work for HPE