HPE SimpliVity
1753777 Members
7081 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Insufficient configured resources to satisfy the desired vSphere HA failover level on the cluste

jfrobs
Frequent Advisor

Insufficient configured resources to satisfy the desired vSphere HA failover level on the cluster SV

Hello,

I would like to know where i can disabled this alarm on my Simplivity vsphere configuration.

You can find this information in the hp documentation :

The HPE SimpliVity memory calculation can create vSphere alarms that you can ignore. The alarms occur
because the vSphere rules do not exclude the CPU and memory consumption of the Virtual Controllers that
do not require failover. For example, you can see the following message when following Admission Control
guidelines: "Insufficient configured resources to satisfy the desired vSphere HA failover level on the cluster."
To avoid seeing these types of alarms, disable vSphere Admission Control for the cluster as described in the
vSphere documentation. Otherwise, ignore the alarms.

but I can't find or disable the alarm

thx a lot

5 REPLIES 5
gustenar
HPE Pro

Re: Insufficient configured resources to satisfy the desired vSphere HA failover level on the cluste

Hello @jfrobs ,

Based on the Administration Guide, what has to be disabled is "Adminission Control" in the cluster to avoid getting the alert. 

Instructions to disable admission control can be found here.

Disclaimer:

NOTE: One or more of the links above will take you outside the Hewlett Packard Enterprise website. Hewlett Packard Enterprise does not control and is not responsible for information outside of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise website.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
jfrobs
Frequent Advisor

I don't want to deactivate this option, you have to activate it by calculating the % according to our configuration as requested in the simplivity documentation :

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000060995

02.png

01.png

And yet it is well-configured.

But I still have an alarm which seems normal with the simplivity operation, I just want to hide it so I don't have a warning on my console.

DamianErangey
HPE Pro

I believe disbling te following alarm will do the trick

ha.PNG

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

jfrobs
Frequent Advisor

I disabled the alarm as above but still the same.

I still have the alarm message :

Capture d’écran 2020-10-23 143926.png

However, I calculated well using HP's formula...

AlejandroCari
Occasional Contributor

Re: Insufficient configured resources to satisfy the desired vSphere HA failover level on

Hi everyone, 

nobody found the way to deactivate the alarm without disabling Admision Control feature?