HPE SimpliVity
1751840 Members
5437 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Legacy systems (Dell, Cisco and Lenovo)

ErwinH
Advisor

Legacy systems (Dell, Cisco and Lenovo)

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum, so hello (not with Simplivity bye the way), I was wondering whether there are more customers/forum members out there with Legacy and HPE systems in the same federation. We started out in 2016 with a 2+1 setting with Lenovo hardware, in 2018 we extended with a 2+1 setting from HPE. They are all running in the same federation, the '2' nodes on my site and the '+1' nodes in a remote datacenter. All connected to the same vCenter instance (seperated in linked mode). All the six nodes are running 3.7.10 and all is running fine. I am aware that the support for legacy systems has stopped from 4.0.0, but from 3.7.8 there is support for difference version of Simplivity in the same federation, thats really nice. But, i also opened a case for this, i cant seem to get a statement from HPE what it has to do with support when i upgrade vCenter to 6.7U3 (supported by 4.0.0 and HPE). There are no more interoperability guides for legacy systems. I think i know the answer but i would like to hear the comment from the forum members and of course HPE!

Kind regards,

ErwinH

5 REPLIES 5
OzgurT
HPE Pro

It will be not supported as officially because it did not tested by engineering . If customer need special situation like bug etc.   then first they need to rise a support case and enginnering may approve or not this kind of request.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

masterzen
HPE Pro

New code releases for legacy systems has stopped, so no new software will be released, including third party software interoprobaility. What has been tested with 3.7.10 on legacy systems is supported and will continue until EOL. If it's not on the list, it is not supported. 

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

jfrobs
Frequent Advisor

It's good news that HPE only focuses on the simplivity HP. The engineering teams may be able to move the rest of the Hyper-V stuff forward.

DaveOb
HPE Pro

Legacy systems will be supported until their end of service life for critical defects in firmware product and security defects,this will continue until 2021.What will change is the tempo of releases if any for legacy systems ,Should a critical defect be identified there will be a release this however will not be in line with the release tempo of HPE nodes and no new features will be added,when running mixed clusters as in this case it should not be assumed that a release for the legacy systems will ever happen and they  these will  happen in lockstep. 

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
dontcallmeeddy
Occasional Advisor

is there a offical end of support kb or some other artical?
i dont find anything like that today, after a lot of searching...