New Discussion юеВ

MVA Management Virtual Appliance & Centrally managed Federation

SOLVED
Go to solution
louisdang
Advisor

MVA Management Virtual Appliance & Centrally managed Federation

Hello everyone,

Currently I am having 1 problem above. I have 1 cluster of HCI 3 nodes and 1 MVA. Then I installed 1 more HCI cluster and 1 MVA like that. Different ip address but same subnet. When the system is connected to each other, MVA often has problems " hpe simplivity plug-in cannot complete the task because it cannot contact the virtual controller"

and I want to know can I install 2 MVA on the same subnet?

Thank you so much.

5 REPLIES 5
Askey_15
HPE Pro

Re: MVA Management Virtual Appliance & Centrally managed Federation

Hi @louisdang ,

Thank you for Choosing HPE.

Based on the below information provided, I believe you are trying to install 2 MVA VMs under the same vCenter, however we can have only 1 MVA VM running per vCenter. Also in case if these MVA VMs are under different vCenter then we can have 1 MVA VM per vCenter (considering they are in linked mode). 

NOTE: The MVA VM has to be on the Management network and should be able to communicate with the Host Management and OVC Management IPs.

Port-443 : Between vCenter and MVA (TCP)

Port 9390: Between MVA and OVC Management (TCP)

Please reach out in case you need any additonal information

Regards,

Abhishek

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

louisdang
Advisor

Thank Abhishek,

I am installing 2 MVA VMs not under the same vCenter but not intall linked mode.  I think the problem is ip FEDERATION, ip STORAGE VIRTUAL, ip STORAGE, ip MVA peer vCenter the same subnet.

Ex:

in information:

ip federation: x.x.1.1/24 - vcenter A and B

ip storage: x.x.2.1/24 - vcenter and B

ip storage virtual: x.x.2.1/24 - vcenter A and B.

ip mva: x.x.3.1/24 same port group management - vcenter A and B.

gustenar
HPE Pro

Can you ping the MVA from any OVC in the cluster? 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
kylerj
HPE Pro

Hi @louisdang,

Once the MVA is introuced within your Federation, all plugin REST traffic is funneled through the MVA's management interface of eth0.

Please ensure the following:

1. The MVA has a management IP visible in the vCenter summary page for the MVA VM via IP Address section within your Hosts and Clusters inventory view.

2. The MVA is selected via the plugin for communication within the plugin home page as the designated line of communication.

3. That you are able to login via putty into the MVA using your admin credentials for vCenter.

If one or more is an issue, feel free to contact HPE SimpliVity support for further investigation.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

louisdang
Advisor
Solution

Yes, MVA ping any OVC in the cluster ok