New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mixed SimpliVity versions in a federation

SOLVED
Go to solution
jlangmead
Regular Advisor

Mixed SimpliVity versions in a federation

Hi

I'm after a bit of clarification on what is acceptable when mixing SimpliVity versions within the same federation. If I have a single federation with 6 x SimpliVity clusters all running 4.0.1 do I just need to first update the arbiter software and vCenter plugin to version 4.1.0 before I can deploy a new cluster running SimpliVity 4.1.0?

Or to put it another way, Is it simply the case that the arbiter and plug-in software needs to match that of the SimpliVity cluster that's running the highest version?

many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Randolfini
Frequent Advisor

Jlangmead,

You asked:
Or to put it another way, Is it simply the case that the arbiter and plug-in software needs to match that of the SimpliVity cluster that's running the highest version?

Yes, this is the case. The versions of vCenter, ESXi, arbiter and plug-in should be supported according to the respective interoperability guide.

Hope this helps!
jlangmead
Regular Advisor

OK thanks

As the federation will also still contain several 4.0.1 clusters (which will not be upgraded) I just wanted to make sure that when I upgrade the arbiter software and vcenter plug-in to 4.1.0 these other clusters will still be supported.

thanks

gustenar
HPE Pro
Solution

Yes, version 4.1.0 plugin and arbiter will be able to handle nodes in 4.0.1 as mixed versions are supported. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
steez
Frequent Advisor

Hello @gustenar 

How about when we have 2 linked mode vCenters (both 6.7 we want to upgrade to 7) for each site and for start we want to upgrade only 1 site. Should we apply Arbiter and vCenter plugin for both sites and then upgrade only one vCenter to 7?

Will federation work when vCenters will have 2 different versions (6.7 and 7)?