HPE SimpliVity
1748112 Members
3346 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: No ESXi version available for Dell OmniCube CN-2000 after 3.7.8 Factory reset?

SOLVED
Go to solution
TomiKarlsson
Advisor

No ESXi version available for Dell OmniCube CN-2000 after 3.7.8 Factory reset?

Hi guys! After doing factory reset with version 3.7.8 and started re-deploying, there´s no ESXI available" in the "select the hypervisor" part. This was also the case with upgrading to 3.7.3 with a Lenovo node and support copied the Lenovo ESXi files or image manually to the node waiting for deployment. I managed to copy Dell customized ESXi ISO image to the node waiting for deployment to the folder /.svt-live/system/resources/hypervisors/esxi/ , but still the Deployment Manager doesn´t recognize the Dell ESXi image.

Anyone else had this issue? Or any advice how this done?

8 REPLIES 8
gustenar
HPE Pro

Re: No ESXi version available for Dell OmniCube CN-2000 after 3.7.8 Factory reset?

Legacy systems require an additional step when redeploying them. In order to copy the ESX image you need to contact the support group, as it requires the support account to run a script to copy the images. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
TomiKarlsson
Advisor

Ok, thanks for the information. Would be nice if this was stated in Deployment/Upgrade guides? I´ll create a support ticket then.

Best regards, Tomi

TomiKarlsson
Advisor
Solution

Hi all! I got the instructions very quickly from Technical Support. Hope it will help others too!

This is the official procedure:

PSI9 = deploy-installer-8.34.8-psi9+sva-3.7.0.260-usb.img. This was the last version to contain a DEll images.

Step 1: Factory Reset using Deploy installer image compatible with the existing federation. In my case deploy-installer-9.8.5-psi16+sva-3.7.8.232-usb.img.

After Factory Reset when the node is "waiting to be discovered" go to Step 2

Step 2: Connect Virtual Media in iDRAC virtual console and Map Removable Disk: deploy-installer-8.34.8-psi9+sva-3.7.0.260-usb.img.

Do not reboot the host.

Step 3: Copy in appropriate  PSI9 Dell ESXi image(s):

In the console, use the Troubleshoot menu => shell and login as svtcli user and elevate privileges to root user or as I did, logged in as svtsupport user.

Execute following command to copy the ESXi images:

sudo /opt/svtdi/legacyTools/fetch_legacy

• Dell: script execution time approximately 12 min
  • Lenovo: script execution time approximately 5 min
  • Cisco M4: script execution time approximately 10 min

Once OmniCube is deployed to Federation, upgrade ESXi to same version as other OmniCubes.

Big thanks to David O´Brien from Technical Support!

Nicko971
Occasional Visitor

Hello

thank's, but it seems that some people at HP support do not known about this procedure. I have an open ticket after a dell omnicube cn3000 factory reset, same problem, and they keep me asking about log files.

where do you download the old deploy-installer-8.34.8-psi9+sva-3.7.0.260-usb.img ?

gustenar
HPE Pro

@Nicko971 

Sorry for the inconvenience, were you provided with an FTP site for the case you opened? I'd be glad to upload the image there. 

Regards,

Gus

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Nicko971
Occasional Visitor

Thank's gustenar, i found the img file on an old server.

now i have to import it with the script as in the procedure, but i don't have the root password. I can log with the svtcli user, but it do not have access to sudo or elevated privilege
gustenar
HPE Pro

@Nicko971 

For that you need to contact our support team since it is a support only account. 

Thanks.

Gus

I am an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
simonsimon1129
Valued Contributor

@gustenar 
Hello quick question does the legacy fetch command "/opt/svtdi/legacy Tools/fetch legacy"is removed in version 4.0.0 ?