HPE SimpliVity
1753509 Members
5238 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OmnistackVC showing disconnected in Federation s after hutting down, and powering back on.

Jblanc03
Occasional Contributor

OmnistackVC showing disconnected in Federation s after hutting down, and powering back on.

we had a storage controller failure on one of our cisco ucsc c240 hosts.  We powered off the remaining VMs on the host and could not gracefully shutdown the OmnistackVC OVC vm via Simplivity Federation options since it the shut down virtual controller option was showing grayed out.  So we had no choice but to power off the VM through Vsphere.  Once that was done, we put the host in maintenance mode and shut down the host.  WE then replaced the faulty storage controller and then powered the host back on.  All hardware faults were gone and the host looks good.  But in Vcenter we are still showing Simplivity HA lost on the vm's and a svt-federation-show shows the omnistackvc ovc  as DISCONNECTED and FAULT in red colors.  How do we get this OVC back online??

2 REPLIES 2
MikeSeden
HPE Pro

Re: OmnistackVC showing disconnected in Federation s after hutting down, and powering back on.

It is probably something as simple as updating the identity store. I would submit a ticket and get one of our SimpliVity engineers to look at it.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo
scott_svt
Frequent Advisor

@Jblanc03, If you could open a case, we can take a look straight away. In general, the node will always come back fine, and I would not expect the identitystore to have issues given the sequence of event, i.e. it was fine before the hard power down.

Accept or Kudo