New Discussion юеВ

Re: One vCenter, multiple Federations

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sjoerd2106
Advisor

One vCenter, multiple Federations

Hello all,

I first tried to find detailed information about this myself, but I have trouble finding it. Is it possible to manage Simplivity clusters in two or more Federations, from one vCenter?

Ofcourse this does not sound logical. I know you manage one Federation from multiple vCenter, but this is not what I'm looking for.

I'm in the situation where a customer already has a Federation managed from a vCenter. The new cluster they want to add could be added to the Federation, but they are not so sure if they want to route management/federation traffic over the WAN across countries.

So I'm wondering if the only other option would then  be to just create a new vCenter for the new cluster, or if I can use the same vCenter with a new Federation next to the existing one.

3 REPLIES 3
tpaulat
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

the product does not support management of multiple federations in one vCenter. Technically it would be possible to create a new federation within the same vCenter by disconnecting all ESXi nodes before deploying the new OmniStack solution and connect them again after but this will lead to a confused plugin and one of the two federations won`t be able to be managed over the plugin itself.

I`m strongly advising not to try this!

To be able to manage multiple federations you`ll need to use multiple vCenters. As I`ve mentioned, a multi tenant usage is not implemented in the product.

Please let me know if you`ve got any questions and I`m happy to assist!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Sjoerd2106
Advisor

Thank you for the answer! I was already expecting this to the case, but was eager to hear it from someone with a bit more Simplivity experience.

Thanks again!

tpaulat
HPE Pro

You`re more than welcome! If this answers your questions please mark the thread as an accepted solution

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo