4922 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

R5000 - UPS - Electrical Information

MGonca3
Occasional Contributor

R5000 - UPS - Electrical Information

Hello there..

We are participating in a RFP at public sector deal where we must provide a UPS. According to the characteristics of the Simplivity server we have on our solution, we can provide the UPS R5000 . The problem is that we need to prove the required technical characteristics. information such as power factor, static regulation, frequency variation, waveform, allowable variation, etc. where can I find these information? I've searched on several sites without success. Regards.

we are participating in a RFP at public sector deal where we must provide a UPS. According to the characteristics of the Simplivity server we have on our solution, we can provide the UPS R5000 . The problem is that we need to prove the required technical characteristics. information such as power factor, static regulation, frequency variation, waveform, allowable variation, etc. where can I find these information? I've searched on several sites without success. Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Ryan_Hardy
Frequent Advisor

Re: R5000 - UPS - Electrical Information

I think you are in the wrong forum then, as the R5000 is not within the SimpliVity line.

However I am surprised about the mass of information you need - SimpliVity servers are no different than other servers and proved to be working with just about any UPS that supplies enough power. Anything else is just about extending battery runtime. Or coordinated shutdown of VMs and OVCs.

Just in case it is of any help: We run our servers (among which are some SimpliVity DL380 G10s) on multiple APC SRT 5000 and EATON 9PX 5000i UPSs.

MGonca3
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ryan

Thank you !

Sorry to ask for a lot of information.

We are participating on a Public Sector Deal and they are asking for this information.

Our proposal are based on the Simplivity 380 Gen10 G (x2) , UPS and Rack.

Will be good to provide only HPE products to the customer, but, without this information about the R5000, maybe we will provide a UPS from a local vendor.

I will try my last option that is to find the information directly with Eaton.

Another question (now regarding Simplivity), our customer donтАЩt want a solutions based on  тАЬVSan Ready NodesтАЭ, and we need to find a document where that is explicit that Simplivity is a hyperconverged solution.

Could you help with this information?

Regards

Ryan_Hardy
Frequent Advisor

Now that is a weird requirement.

On what basis do they reject vSAN but accept SimpliVity? Or Nutanix? Highly questionable.

As for the declaration: explain them what "HCI" stands for and/or use this page: SimpliVity for Hyperconverged infrastructure | HPE