1752404 Members
5799 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Script to mass run command

bbelew
Advisor

Script to mass run command

I'm currently trying to setup RBAC roles in our Simplivity federation.  We have a fairly large federation so it's cumbersome to login to each OVC to run one command.  Does anyone have a script or know of a way to connect to all of the OVC's and run commands remotely?

4 REPLIES 4
CWood2017
HPE Pro

Re: Script to mass run command

Thanks for your question on RBAC.  I'm exploring answers from several experts.  Stay tuned.

Best Regards,

/Chuck

Thanks,
CWOOD2017
I am an HPE employee
CWood2017
HPE Pro

The quick answer is this RBAC capability is not yet available as of HPE SimpliVity release (4.0.1). In near future HPE will provide HPE SimpliVity REST API to perform the management of RBAC centrally. That way admins can manage this feature using the SimpliVity REST API for the federation that the admin is working on.

In the meantime, you can open a support ticket to see if HPE Support can run a script with this capability.  They may have tools to do this.

Thanks,
CWOOD2017
I am an HPE employee
bbelew
Advisor

Thanks.

I guess my question wasn't so much focused singularly on doing this for RBAC permissions it was just an example that I have at the moment.  Sometimes there are other commands that I need to run across the entire federation so it would be nice to be able to script this out instead of manually running the command on each OVC.

I believe this can be done with python and paramiko ssh I'm just not good with python so I didn't know if someone else had done something similar.

db13
HPE Pro

@bbelew There are 2 tools that are used to do this. One requires a call to support as it is an internal tool at the moment. This tool can run commands across the entire federation. The other is dsv-remote-command-run, which would require the command that you wish to run be placed into a script in a shared datastore. The dsv-remote-command-run command would have to be run on 1 node in each cluster.

I am an HPE Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HPE Support Center Knowledge-base

Accept or Kudo