New Discussion

Re: Serial Number of the TIA-Card

SOLVED
Go to solution
NZamp
Valued Contributor

Serial Number of the TIA-Card

Hello to all,

is it possible to get the serial of a TIA-card when the server was already factory reseted?

Normaly i would use the MegaCli64 command but since the card is not started/runnig this doesnt work. Does anybody know a solution?

Best regards,

Nick

7 REPLIES 7
DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @NZamp 

Thanks for using the HPE SimpliVity Forum.

Please check out the following knowledge article:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=sf000021466en_us

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks,

DeclanOR  #I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

NZamp
Valued Contributor

Hello Declan,

that would be too easy, like i mentioned the cube is already factory restted and i have only the cli provided by the SimpliVity Installer. The provided command do not work.

Cheers,

Nick

DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @NZamp 

Even though the node has been factory reset, the serial number of the TIA card should remain the same. Running the

#cat /proc/IA0/card_info command should still work. From what you are saying, you will need to complete the install to be able to use the command however. Is there a particular reason why you would need the serial number right now? Can you install and then get it? I'm not sure if the serial number is marked on the physical card itself..........maybe that's an option?

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

NZamp
Valued Contributor

Hello Declan,

the customer needs the serial, i dont know why. Since those are machines that are no longer productive a redeployment is no option. Is there any serial number printed on the card itself? So the customer can open the node and write it down.

Cheers,

Nick

DeclanOR
Respected Contributor
Solution

Hi @NZamp 

I have checked a TIA here, and I do see the serial number, so yes, this should be possible. The serial number will be the TIA2"""""""""""""""  number.

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

NZamp
Valued Contributor

Hello Declan,

i´ve told the customer to take a look on the TIA Card to get the serialnumber. All other solutions are too much efford for just getting the serial.

Thx for the help.

Cheers,

Nick

DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the follow up. Glad we were able to help.

All the best!

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo