1753776 Members
7039 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SimpliVity 380 with vSphere - Standard vSwitch Caveats

sgunelius
Trusted Contributor

SimpliVity 380 with vSphere - Standard vSwitch Caveats

Good evening.  We just completed the installation/configuration of (2) SimpliVity 380 Gen10 2-node clusters that'll be deployed to remote locations on a campus network, but are trying to hammer out some networking issues.  The clusters are using the 10GbE Direct Connect vSwitch Configuration.:

• vSwitch0 is supported by ports 1 & 2 on the 331i adapter (vmnic0 & 1) with three port groups defined to support Management, OVC and the VMs that'll be residing on the host(s).
  • vSwitch1 is supported by ports 1 & 2 on the 534FLR-SFP+ adapter (vmnic4 & 5) with three port groups defined to support SVT_FedPortGroup, SVT_StorPG and SVT_StoragePortGroup.

Our network team has confirmed they've trunked the VLANs on the switch ports linked to vSwitch0, but we're intermittently losing connectivity.  I've already got a case open with HPE's SimpliVity team, but wondering if I'm missing some best practice with vSwitch0.  Has anyone run into something odd like this?  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
julioadmtibr
Occasional Advisor

Hi friend,

You set jumbo frames in switch ports?
Set jumbo frames with mtu 9000 in all storage and federation ports.
sgunelius
Trusted Contributor

Yes, MTU was already set to 9000 on vSwitch1.

julioadmtibr
Occasional Advisor

mtu 9000 needs to be configured end-to-end in all equipment that makes simplivity connection, was it done?

sgunelius
Trusted Contributor

Yes, the MTU was set properly for vSwitch1, but the problem we were having was specific to vSwitch0.  We got it resolved with help from HPE's SimpliVity support team.  Thank you.