HPE SimpliVity
1753868 Members
7495 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SimpliVity Deployment failed / Error step 24 of 33 - Failed to align Omnistack Accelarator firmw

J-Philippe
Regular Advisor

SimpliVity Deployment failed / Error step 24 of 33 - Failed to align Omnistack Accelarator firmware

Hi, SimpliVity deployment failed with :

HPE_OmniStack_Software_3.7.7_Q8A57-11053

SPP applied : P11740_001_spp-2018.11.0-SPP2018110.2018_1114.38.iso  

Critcial Firmware for OVC : SVTSP-2018_1127.01  (HPE Smart Array 1.66)

What can I do more to make it work ? Does someone face the same issue with the 3.7.7 release ?

For sure a case is ongoing with HPE Deployment support team.

Best Regards

4 REPLIES 4
J-Philippe
Regular Advisor

Re: SimpliVity Deployment failed / Error step 24 of 33 - Failed to align Omnistack Accelarator firmw

Maybe I have also to apply the firmware update interactively ? What is a TPM (see below in red) ?

For HPE SimpliVity 380 Gen9, HPE SimpliVity 380 Gen10 & HPE SimpliVity 2600

To update the components boot the system using SVTSP-2018_1127.01.iso (Offline mode).  Use of Automatic mode is recommended to complete the installation1.

• Automatic mode - Firmware components will be updated without interaction (including reboot)
  • Interactive mode - Follow the onscreen steps to update firmware components

Booting the ISO will default to Automatic mode if no choice is made from the boot menu.

1 If the system contains a TPM, both Interactive and Automatic upgrades will require interaction to update all components.

tpaulat
HPE Pro

Hello J-Phillippe, 

The mentioned deployment failure can have different causes, e.g. a faulty firmware image previously applied to the card or also faulty hardware.

If the OmniCube Virtual Controller is still deployed and not factory reset by now, support can try doing a manual firmware reset and afterwards firmware update on the possibly faulty card. If this fails, the card will need to be replaced.

Can you please send me ticket number via private message so I can have a look in there?

Best regards,

Tim Paulat (CoE SimpliVity)

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

J-Philippe
Regular Advisor

IMG_03981_2.jpgHello I've manage the issue with some HPE support on site. The accelerator card is dead. A case is open for replacement.

DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

@J-Philippe

Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear you have found the problem and that support are helping resolve with you.

Best regards,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo