New Discussion юеВ

Re: SimpliVity firmware downloads

SOLVED
Go to solution
jlangmead
Regular Advisor

SimpliVity firmware downloads

Hi team

I'm going to need to upgrade a multinode cluster from 3.7.1 to 4.0.1 and so need to do an interim firmware upgrade to SVTSP-2019_0315.04 as the first step. This of course will be a manual upgrade as it's not supported with upgrade manager this far back. However, I don't have an existing copy of this FW and the interop guide says it's not available for download - how can I obtain a copy please?

I also have several old guest VMs running in this cluster (Windows 2003) - what is the impact on these servers? I'm sure in the past I've noted potential problems with Windows 2003 but can't find those whitepapers currently? Is the issue just with the VMware support versions e.g 6.7 doesn't support Windows 2003 and therefore SimpliVity cluster's don't becuase VMware don't or are there technical implications here? In discussions I've had with VMware on this, they say that as Microsoft no longer supports Windows 2003 they do not support it on 6.7 (as they have no reason to) - but actually it's fine for the key operations (eg vMotion and shutdown\suspend etc) and is under 'legacy support'.

kind regards

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hello,

If you are looking for "SVTSP-2019_0315.04" here is the download link.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX-4c207b2eec1a4018b052d9e55f

Thanks

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

jlangmead
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the download link

Have you any thoughts on the guest OS versions? Are there any restrictions or considerations I should be aware of when it comes to Windows 2003 virtual machines and SimplIvity 4.0.1?

kind regards

Suman_1978
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

As far as I understand, the VM depends on VMware compatibility..

The only document I could source is for Simplivity RapidDR - Compatibility guide.
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00038036en_us

Thanks

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

jlangmead
Regular Advisor

ok - thanks

Maybe that is what I saw when I was thinking of some technote about the different OS versions. Good to know there isn't anything specific guest OS restrictions for the OVC versions.

cheers