New Discussion

Re: SimpliVity network segregation?

SOLVED
Go to solution
jlangmead
Regular Advisor

SimpliVity network segregation?

Hi

If I have a single site with mutliple (three) SimpliVity cluster environments each within their own federation, do I need to ensure that I have indivudal VLANs for each of the three Federation, Storage and management networks or can I have a single VLAN for federation traffic for all three federation networks,  a single VLAN for storage traffic for all three SimpliVity storage networks and a single VLAN for management for all three SimpliVity management traffic?

many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Ryan_Hardy
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

since it is targeted traffic (using IP addresses), I guess there's no harm in reusing the VLANs for the other clusters. Performance would be the same anyhow, except when using dedicated hardware and cabling.

Deepak_K
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi jlangmead,

It is recommended to use seperate VLANS for all the 3 federations for all the 3 networks (Management, Federation & Storage). This is to avoid communication conflicts between the 3 federations on the 3 networks (Management, Federation & Storage). It is also recommended to use seperate vCenter for each federation. In other words, It is not recommended to use a single vCenter for multiple federations.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak

Hewlett Packard Enterprise

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo