4812 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Simplivity 380 gen10 3 nodes

ChrisBuse71
Occasional Contributor

Simplivity 380 gen10 3 nodes

Hello,

one of our customers purchased a simplivity 380 GEN10 3-node system. Two nodes will be located in a building while the third will be placed in a building about 300 meters away. for networking, as suggested by HP, 3 aruba 2930 switches were purchased. Two will be placed on stack in the first plant with the two nodes while the third will be positioned together with the third node. I looked everywhere for indications or instructions or schema on how the switches should be connected, can someone suggest something to me?

4 REPLIES 4
cheesi
Advisor

Hi Chris, take a look in the Installation and Maintenance Guide Chapter 7.

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-a00028058en_us-1.pdf 

The better question is there a best practice switch configuration for simplivity. Is stacking of the switching allowed?

ChrisBuse71
Occasional Contributor

hi,

I have already read thi documenti and on chapter 7  show a simple configuration of 2 nodes, switch connected or direct connect.

My scenario consist on 3 nodes where 1 node is placed on other plant.

I would like to config a 3 node simplivity and not 2+1 on DR. It'is possible over a fiber of 1GB? if not and there are not other solutions, who tell me about correct switch configuration from plant 1 to plant 2?

DaveOb
HPE Pro

What your describing sounds like a quasi zoned configuration without the zone.

if you can get sub 2ms latecncy  using 9000MTU non fragmented between sites for the storage/federation network it should be fine.

Personally  and not knowing the full details i dont see the benifit in the setup vrs a 2+1 or go  all the way and get a 4 node zoned obviously at a higher cost,Generally your local team will be able to assist with such planning as they are more aware of the individual situation.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ChrisBuse71
Occasional Contributor

thank you for the suggestions. in the meantime we managed to correctly define the configuration. our difficulty was in understanding if it was possible to have a 10Gbe fiber connection between the two locations. For this problem we have had a positive response so we will proceed to a 3-node configuration. Thank you all