1753767 Members
5531 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Simplivity 4.0.0 Plugin Issues

BumbleBee69
Occasional Collector

Simplivity 4.0.0 Plugin Issues

Hello, all. My team and I have been having a problem getting the Simplivity plugin to work for far too long. We are on the correct supported version of vCenter, Simplivity, and so on but we are having issues with the plugin. As seen in the screenshot, the plugin shows response error 400 for just about any field. Therefore, as far as I know, we are unable to make use of Simplivity. We have tried multiple deployments to get this to work, but it just won't. We have also tried all the browsers we have. Same thing. Any help would be appreicated.

vCenter version: 6.7.42000 Build Number: 15132721

Simplivity version: 4.0.0

Plugin version: 4.0.0.179

Federation type: Peer-based

8 REPLIES 8
KGman
HPE Pro

Hi @BumbleBee69,

There could be a number of factors attributing to this issue, was the plugin ever working in your environment? You can find a like here to a KB article that can assist you in determining the possible cause.The quickest way to over come this would be to open a support ticket were a technitian should be able to resovle this.

I hope this helps,

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
gustenar
HPE Pro

Hello @BumbleBee69 

Thank you for using HPE Simplivity Forums. 

Determining the reason could take several steps and it might be better if you open a case with the support group for assistance. You can open a putty session to the VCSA and inspect the vsphere_client_virgo.log when you try to perform any SImplivity menu action and get more details of what it is being reported. There could be one OVC in particular causing the issues. This particular error 400 is not common therefore I suggest you get a case opened for investigation. 

Thanks, 

Gus

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Deepak_K
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please putty in to the vCenter. Verify if the port 9190 is opened from vCenter to all the OVCs. Below is the command to verify the ports:

nc -zv <ovc managment ip> 9190

If the port is not open, please open the port and check if the SimpliVity Plug-In works fine.

Thanks

Deepak

Hewlett Packard Enterprise

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

BumbleBee69
Occasional Collector

Thanks everyone for the advice so far. This is a deployment on a new enviroment. This vCenter is going to replace our existing aging hardware. Nothing is on the vCenter at this time. Once we get this working, we will work on migrating our VMs as well as our VDI enviroment over to it.

I did go through the KB article, @KGman. Everything is fine looking through the logs as I go down the KB article. I also checked the vsphere_client_virgo.log, @gustenar . No dice on that either. When I try to do a menu action on a VM, it says "No actions avaiable". Log shows no activity from the plugin. Everything else in it looks good. I'm also looking into the ports now.

The reason I made this post is because we have had a ticket with HPE on this for a few weeks. It hasn't been fruitful so far. We even got it elevated to L3, but comminication back and forth is slow. We really need to get this done as we are on a deadline, but we have long since passed that now...

gustenar
HPE Pro

@BumbleBee69 

What is the case number you are working on?

I am an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
BumbleBee69
Occasional Collector

@gustenar 

Case number is 5349415970 

gca78

Any news about this issue ?

I have the same situation. I have 2 Cluster with 2 nodes in diferents locations .

Regards

Deepak_K
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below KB article and let us know if the issue is still persisting.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=sf000046864en_us

Please make a note of the results while following the above steps and keep us posted.

Thanks,

Deepak

Hewlett Packard Enterprise

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo