7317 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Simplivity 4.0 Hyper V Swap disabled => HYP-9501

jfrobs
Frequent Advisor

Simplivity 4.0 Hyper V Swap disabled => HYP-9501

Hello, 

I would liked to have more information about the Swap file.

Apparently, since version 4.0 you have to activate a swap file :

HYP-9501: If swap is disabled on Virtual Controllers,
operational issues can occur
If swap is disabled on the Virtual Controllers, memory, storage access, or virtual machine issues can occur.
Upgrading the software has no effect on the swap state. If swap is disabled prior to upgrading, it remains disabled after the upgrade.

I've had a lot of stability problems on my machines since this version 4. So I activated this swap.

Is it mandatory? Why so little information on this subject which seems important to me.

The swap purges itself automatically? because I have the impression that it goes up little by little.

Thank

2 REPLIES 2
dhooley
HPE Pro

Hi @jfrobs ,

Thanks for using the HPE SimpliVity Forum.

For optimal OVC performance, it is recommended to enable the swap on the OVC. We have a particular procedure in place on how to do this on the UBUNTU 18.04 OS. If you have followed this then great but if not please open a support ticket and we will happily assist.

The log file at this point does not purge automatically to my knowledge. That being said, via the correct procedure the swap is placed on its own individual partition so it will not cause any issues should the partition become full. A simple remove at that stage to reset it back to zero will do the trick.

Hope this helps.

David

I am an HPE Employee

Search our SimpliVity Knowledge Base, view our Document and Video libraries, or ask SimpliVity experts your questions on the HPE SimpliVity Forum

[Moderator edit: Removed the broken link. Please refer to https://support.hpe.com/]

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
jfrobs
Frequent Advisor

Apparently the cache is increasing day by day, we are monitoring and have opened a ticket that has just been upgraded to level 3 because it doesn't seem to be normal according to level 2 support.

I think Rob's going to have to help us