HPE SimpliVity
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplivity Deployment Failed / step 32 of 33 - Invalid HMS session supplied when joining Federation

Laurent_92140
Occasional Visitor

Simplivity Deployment Failed / step 32 of 33 - Invalid HMS session supplied when joining Federation

Hi guys,

I'm trying to deploy a 2 nodes HyperV cluster. The install of the first node works fine.

When adding the second node, the deployment failed at step 32 of 33 Invalid HMS session supplied when joining Federation.

Unexpected error trying to obtain a session token for url: https://x.x.x.x/pi/oauth/token

Connect to x.x.x.x:443 [/x.x.x.x] failed: Connection refused: connect

Any ideas why this step failed ?

Thanks.

Laurent

1 REPLY 1
dhooley
HPE Pro

Re: Simplivity Deployment Failed / step 32 of 33 - Invalid HMS session supplied when joining Federa

Hi Laurent,

At this stage of the deployment the node itself is fully deployed and should be functional. Some intermittent network issue may have caused the node to fail to join the federation. Typically have seen this to have been caused by MTU mismatches on storage or federation networks.

A simple test would be to login to the new OVC and attempt to manually join the federation using the below command:

sudo dsv-federation-join --peerip <ip-address>  

*Where the peerip is the IP of the already deployed node.

If this fails then I would advise opening a support case for us to take a look. I would also be checking on the SCVMM server that the node successfully deployed to the cluster correctly.

Hope this helps, thanks!

I am a HPE Employee