1753846 Members
7703 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Simplivity Gen 10 Lifecycle

Brian_Galante
Frequent Advisor

Simplivity Gen 10 Lifecycle

Is there a document published that shows when Gen 10 Simplivity servers go out of support or become EoL?

6 REPLIES 6
Rajini_Saini
HPE Pro

Hi @Brian_Galante,

Good morning.

Currently, we do not have any updates on EOL for SimpliVity Gen10 nodes.
Whereas as for SimpliVity gen9 nodes the document is available - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00056649en_us&docLocale=en_US

Thank you.
regards,
Rajini Saini

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Deepak_K
HPE Pro

Hi Brian,

We are sorry to inform you that we did not find a document that would provide you the EOS( End Of Support/Service) or EOL (End Of Life) information.

Please find the below link for more information about the IT asset management details. You may fill in the details provided in the below link to get more information about the EOL of a product

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/services/asset-lifecycle.html

Thanks & Regards

Deepak

Hewlett Packard Enterprise

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Deepak_K
HPE Pro

Hi Brian,

Please find the below HPE article which describes about SimpliVity Gen 10 EOL & EOSL.

Note: You need to login using the HPE Passport account to view the contents of the article.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00111889en_us

Regards,

Deepak

Hewlett Packard Enterprise

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Ryan_Hardy
Frequent Advisor

This is great information. One more reason to abandon SimpliVity for good, as there are other solutions on the market that won't stop you from using recent software on hardware that is still way to powerful to be thrown out.

It is more and more clear to me that with the hyperconverged approach (some) vendors think they can adopt the update release cycles of smartphones - updates only for a short period of time, then please buy new hardware if you want to stay on the safe side.

Brian_Galante
Frequent Advisor

I received an email today with some info, the link does not appear to work.

This may be a notification of EoL for Gen 10 Simplivity, does anyone have an updated link?

Critical Product Change Notification - Apr 12 2021

Product Change Notification: (Revision) HPE SimpliVity 380 Gen10 - End of Life Announcement for the Classic (Original) Model (a00111889en_us)
[Moderator note: Updated the broken links]
Products: HPE Gen10 Plus Ethernet Adapters, HPE SimpliVity 380

Description: Product Change Notification: (Revision) HPE SimpliVity 380 Gen10 - End of Life Announcement for the Classic (Original) Model

Ryan_Hardy
Frequent Advisor

As already written by Deepak_K: You need to be logged in to view the document.