New Discussion юеВ

Re: Simplivity Logical drive config don't match configuration file

SOLVED
Go to solution
RalphYammine
Advisor

Simplivity Logical drive config don't match configuration file

dears,

We have upgraded storage from small to medium on /2/ SimpliVity nodes, then we did a factory reset and firmware.

The redeployment of both nodes failed at step 34 of 39 giving the following error

2020-10-16 13:27:53,420Z DEBUG OmniStack-10.4.105.204 [c.s.d.o.DeployExecutor] run(DeployExecutor.java:156) - Beginning step 34 of 39

2020-10-16 13:27:53,421Z ERROR OmniStack-10.4.105.xxx [c.s.d.o.DeployExecutor] setDeployStatus(DeployExecutor.java:55) - DeployStatus(status:ERROR, detail:ERR_RAID_CONFIG_FAIL, message:Step 34 of 39: ERR_RAID_CONFIG_FAIL: Could not (re)configure RAID set. - Logical drive config(s) don't match configuration file

2020-10-16 13:27:53,421Z ERROR OmniStack-10.4.105.xxx [c.s.d.o.DeployExecutor] run(DeployExecutor.java:171) - com.simplivity.deploy.orchestrator.DeployException: ERR_RAID_CONFIG_FAIL: Could not (re)configure RAID set. - Logical drive config(s) don't match configuration file

To note that we did not clear the raid configuration after storage expansion as we are not sure this is a required step

Kindly advise

Ralph Yammine
6 REPLIES 6
gustenar
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello @RalphYammine 

Thank you for using HPE SimpliVity Forum. 

Clearing the RAID configuration is required before performing the Factory reset. Both the rear and front RAID sets should be cleared but only the Rear RAID (RAID 1) configuration should be recreated before attempting the deployment again. 

Regards

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
RalphYammine
Advisor

@gustenar @AhmadMDS,

Thank you for your kind reply,

I am trying to reboot the Simplivity node and pressing F10 to enter the intelligent provisioning but not working, the Simplivity node continues booting without entering the intelligent provisioning page.

Ralph Yammine
gustenar
HPE Pro

@RalphYammine If you are using the remote console, I would try the different versions (Java, HTML, .NET) and see if one of them responds better. You could also go directly to the unit with a KVM and do it from there. Has this been tried?

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
RalphYammine
Advisor

@gustenar,

I've tried both remote console and KVM unfortunately, didn't work. the firmware is updated to the latest release, now I will try do it from F9 or preparing a SPP USB then boot from F11 then i will select SSA.

Thank you so much for your help

Ralph Yammine
RalphYammine
Advisor

Thank you for your great help!!

The f10 issue was solved. (F9 System Utilities-> Embedded Application --> Intelligent Provisioning).

Regards,

Ralph Yammine
gustenar
HPE Pro

Great! Thanks for the update!

I am an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo