1753835 Members
7445 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Simplivity OVC Cert Expiration

DDeery
Occasional Visitor

Simplivity OVC Cert Expiration

Hello all, I've gotten a (late) warning from our NOC that our Simplivity OVC security certificates are about to expire. In chasing this, I've also learned that our support contract with HPE has lapsed (don't ask). We're frantically working on restoring this contract, but in the meantime HPE support will of course not work with us. What I'm wondering is, will my servers quit working when these certs expire? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
dhooley
HPE Pro

Re: Simplivity OVC Cert Expiration

Hi @DDeery - Welcome to the Forum!

Can you confirm what exact certificate you are referring too? Is this one of the certificates we install directly on our OS or a Machine SSL certificate create and signed by your CA?

For the latter I can't see that being covered by support, it would be managed by up to your own certificate team or admin team to manage those.

For internal OVC certificates, we have certain procedures to re-generate certificates if they are incorrect but I do not believe they expire.

If it is the Machine SSL certificate, and it does expire, I can't see this causing any issue in functionality on the OVC and your environment apart from the obvious security drawback.

David

I am an Employee at HPE SimpliVity

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
DDeery
Occasional Visitor

Re: Simplivity OVC Cert Expiration

David, this would be a certificate that HPE installed, we've installed no certs on the ESX machines.