9726 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Simplivity Plugin Not Working - Can't Login to OmniStackVC

alg204
Advisor

Simplivity Plugin Not Working - Can't Login to OmniStackVC

Hi!

I've taken over SAN/Simplivity from co-worker that retired and I barely had my hands in it. The simplivity plugin isn't working. When I go to Menu > HPE SimpliVity Federation I get error messages.

2.PNG

At one point it does state it is connected to the virtual controler but then updates to an error1.PNG

I put in a support ticket and got on the phone with support. They wanted me to Putty into the OVCs and for whatever reason I can't login. I'm trying to login with administrator@vsphere.local and it won't work for each of the 4 OVCs

4.PNG

I know I am typing the password correctly for administrator@vsphere.local because I can login to the PR and DR with that account. I turned off/turned on the OVCs and that didn't help either. Not sure what to do next. Any help is super appricated.

HPE SimpliVity Plug-in for vSphere: 4.0.1.447
VMware vSphere: 6.7.0.42000

8 REPLIES 8
Althaf29
Occasional Advisor

Re: Simplivity Plugin Not Working - Can't Login to OmniStackVC

Hi,

Please check the DNS enteries of all OVC and vCenter.

login to OVC by svtcli.

verifiy the DNS entries on OVC cat/etc/resolv.conf

if any changes require modify the file after taking a backup of it and try to login to OVC by vcenter crend

if you want only to capture OVC logs then login OVC by svtcli user and ran svt-support-capture

Regards,

Althaf

gustenar
HPE Pro

In cases where you can't access the OVC using the administrator account the best thing is to use the local "svtcli" account. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
alg204
Advisor

Is the password to this generally a default password? I have nothing documented for an svtcli account. I checked our HPE deployment documentation and can't find anything about a password for svtcli.

gustenar
HPE Pro

This password is set when the node is getting deployed and customers decide what value to enter, so it is not really a default password. Check your private messages for more information.  

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Stridh
Occasional Advisor

Any solution to this initial problem?

gustenar
HPE Pro

@Stridh 

Please review this customer advisory:

Advisory: (Revision) HPE SimpliVity - Certain SimpliVity Plugin Functionalities With VMware vCenter Server 7.0 Update 3c (vCSA 7.0 U3c) Will Result in Error "400 - OK" or "400: Bad Request"

I am an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
Stridh
Occasional Advisor

Hello. Have the recomending plug-in installed. 

Is this also having anything to do with I can┬┤t login as administrator@vsphere.local on the OVC┬┤s after updating all cert┬┤s on the vCenter.

gustenar
HPE Pro

That's a different issue and you will need to contact support to update the certs in the OmniStack controllers. 

I am an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo