108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Simplivity Upgrade Manager cannot complete login

SOLVED
Go to solution
vesix
Occasional Contributor

Simplivity Upgrade Manager cannot complete login

Hello, we have an issue to login to vCenter Server by HPE Upgrade Manager version 4.1.1. If we try to login by the one so after a while an error message appears "Cannot complete login. Please make sure server, username and password are correct and try again".

We are pretty sure all is OK as from the same machine we are able to login to the same vCenter Server by HPE Simplivity Deployment Manager.

Any idea what is wrong there?

Thank you to all for any advice

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Simplivity Upgrade Manager cannot complete login

System recommended content:

1. HPE SimpliVity - Cannot operate SimpliVity Plug-in menu with non-Chrome browser

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

gustenar
HPE Pro

Re: Simplivity Upgrade Manager cannot complete login

Hello @vesix 

Are you entering the FQDN or the IP in Upgrade Manager to connect to vCenter? Try using the IP in the vCenter name field. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
vesix
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Hello,

thanks for the reply.

Otherwise we were able to get the HPE Upgrade Manager to works. Originaly it was running on the server which was part of domain GPO. If we moved the Upgrade Manager on the standalone server (which was not part of domain policy) all was OK. No idea which part of GPO affected the manager behavior but reality is it works fine now.

Thanks again!

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @vesix

Glad to know you were able to resolve the issue. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo