Hello,

Try to upgrade 3.7.9 to 3.7.10 , 

Update manager failed inventroy not found,

13 REPLIES 13
Praveen_M
HPE Pro

Re: Simplivity Upgrade Manager

Hi There,

When you run the Upgrade manager what are the components you have selected?
Kindly do not select the Esxi and firmware. Try to complete the upgrade one by one.
Also always contact HPE SimpliVity team for the pre-upgrade check before initiating the upgrade so that you can initiate the upgrade without any data lose.

HPE SimpliVity OmniStack 3.7.9 Interoperability Guide - https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00072859en_us

HPE OmniStack 3.7.9 for vSphere Upgrade Guide - https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00072854en_us

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

dhooley
HPE Pro

Hi @sampiyonts ,

Typically when we get inventory not found it means there is an issue with node authentication to vCenter.

We would need to run the dsv-digitalvault command set to resolve this issue on all nodes and check for other possible scenarios. The best action at this point would be a support case for us to assist in greater detail.

Hope this helps,

David

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
Stor_Mort
HPE Pro
Solution

I've also seen that happen when the OVC has needed a reboot. 

I am an HPE employee - HPE SImpliVity Support

Accept or Kudo

gustenar
HPE Pro

@sampiyonts 

I believe this is what you're running into, please check this article:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000061620&withFrame

Thanks,

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
SimonHorwood
Advisor

Hi

I had the same issue with the Upgrade Manager going from 3.6 to 3.8, and support suggested I use the CLI which worked fine!

These are the steps upgrade manually:

• svt-vm-show --cluster 'Cluster_Name'   --> to verify the VMS have HA Sync
  • Command to upgrade: svt-software-upgrade --omnicube --pkgpath /mnt/svtfs/0/9329928e-5ca9-425e-b364-691283ca415c/.svtupgrade/SimpliVity-OmniCube-Software-revA-3.7.8.232.tar
  • tail -f /var/log/svt-upgrade.log   ---> to follow the upgrade
  • svt-software-status-show  --> to verify the upgrade has been successful
  • svt-software-commit   ---> run this on one node to commit upgrades after they have been completed on all nodes

Good luck - I would try the other methods before the CLI 

cheesi
Advisor

Hi,

i made already 3 upgrads always over the CLI becaus the Upgrade manager never works. I guess this software is not really usable. Next week i will update von 3.7.8 to 3.7.10 hoppfully with the upgrade manager

fahlis
Frequent Advisor

Hi!

I've seen this issue in several of my deployment. Not sure why but use vCenter IP Address instead and it always work. At least for me and I have taken onto it as a best pratcice. I got the tip from HPE Support first time I ran into it with 3.7..6

Br / Tony

cheesi
Advisor

Today i treid it again with the Upgrade Manager but no sucess 

Today i got a total new Error: java.io.IOException: Error writing request body to server after i selected the Cluster i get this Error. So the beta testing goes on.

Unbenannt.jpg

TomiKarlsson
Advisor

I had the same problem yesterday trying to upgrade from 3.7.9 to 3.7.10. Had to use the CLI instead.

/Tomi