1753974 Members
7123 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Simplivity and UPS (Eaton)

Steve Bishop
Occasional Advisor

Simplivity and UPS (Eaton)

As anyone successfully setup their Simplivity nodes with a UPS? I currently have an Eaton UPS and I’m able to set the node in maintenance mode which moves and running vm’s to another node when UPS looses power and how to I get the OVC so shutdown? Any help is much appreciated.

Steve
3 REPLIES 3
DaveOb
HPE Pro

Re: Simplivity and UPS (Eaton)

I seem to remember seeing Eaton had a technical paper on this at one time.Basically the issue is getting the UPS to send the correct commands to the OVC svt-shutdown-safe  & svt-shutdown-force to safely shutdown the OVC's.

I suggest you contact Eaton and see what documentation they have for configuring the UPS with simplivity,if you need more assistance after that just update the thread.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
jlangmead
Regular Advisor

Hi @Steve Bishop 

I'm interested if you managed to find any additional information or had any success with this? I'm currently trying to configure the same setup - I'm working with Eaton on this but any information you may have would definitely help both me and Eaton.

kind regards

Jon

Alp_Just
Occasional Contributor

any new infos about this?