1753774 Members
7284 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Simplivity and VMware Horizon VDI - Storage Accelerator enabled or not

PaulMurphy

Simplivity and VMware Horizon VDI - Storage Accelerator enabled or not

Hello,

When our Simplivity system was installed we were running VMware Horizon 7.10 using Linked Clones. At that time we were informed by the Simplivity installation technicians that View Storage Accelerator should be disabled in VMware Horizon. We have upgraded VMware Horizon to 7.13.1 and will be migrating from linked clones to instant clones. VMware states that View Storage Accelerator should be enabled for instant clones. I'm trying to verify if View Storage Accelerator should remain disabled for instant clones on Simplivity or if it should be enabled. I contacted Simplivity support nine days ago, but haven't gotten an answer yet, so I thought I'd check here. 

Thank you,

Paul Murphy

5 REPLIES 5
gustenar
HPE Pro

Re: Simplivity and VMware Horizon VDI - Storage Accelerator enabled or not

Hello @PaulMurphy

Thank you for using HPE Simplivity forums. 

I don't think that has changed, the View Storage Accelerator has to be disabled. I'm researching into this and will try to update you soon. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
PaulMurphy

I heard back from support, so to help anyone with future reference: 

View Storage Accelerator can be 'enabled' when using Instant Clones. It has been tested and is approved.

Thank you,

Paul Murphy

amim
Occasional Visitor

Wow, that's great news...

We have a customer with issues, in which ERT of Simplivity has recomended to disable CBRC globaly on the connection server (ADSI edit and all...)..

I cannot find the older document from ERT in which it specificaly quoted to disable it...

Do you happen to have a link or the this document?

Thx a lot

Ami

***Personal info erased***

PaulMurphy

Sorry Ami, no link nor document.  The 

"View Storage Accelerator can be 'enabled' when using Instant Clones. It has been tested and is approved."

came from an HPE SimpliVity Technical Support Engineer in the support case.  It was HPE Support case 5361337870 if that helps you in any way. 

Thank you, 

Paul Murphy

amim
Occasional Visitor

Yes,

Many thanks,

Ami