1753755 Members
4802 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Simplivity configuration on vCenter upgrade

shang83
Occasional Advisor

Simplivity configuration on vCenter upgrade

Hello, I have a simplivity federation on vmware vsphere 6 with linked mode vcenters. I'm planning to upgrade the vsphere version to 6.5. All the VMs are set with every 15min frequency of simplivity backup. 

After upgrade and I installed back the simplivity plugin will all the configuration and backup configuration will still remain?

If in the case of vcenter down in the event of upgrade failure, will the simplivity backup failed for the VMs? 

1 REPLY 1
dhooley
HPE Pro

Re: Simplivity configuration on vCenter upgrade

Hi @shang83 

Upgrading the vCenter Server will not affect the availability or functionality of the SimpliVity Backup policies, as well as the configuration.

Even in a case of vCenter down, as long as the SimpliVity nodes themselves are healthy, Backup policies will continue to run.

Technically the SVT Federation can run and operate without vCenter being up and running, but coupled with the vCenter Web Client Plugin, allows you to manage the environment easily.

If you have any issues during the upgrade, please be sure to open a support ticket and we would be happy to assist with any issues.

Hope the above helps, thanks!

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo