108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Simplivity impact from switch upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
bbelew
Advisor

Simplivity impact from switch upgrade

We have a 2 Simplivity node cluster with the 10GB ports plugged into 2 core switches currently.  Out network team is needing to upgrade the switches and normally the upgrade would be done with failover but Cisco is saying that the upgrade must go to both switches simultaneously.  

I'm wondering if anyone knows if this will have any impact on our Simplivity VM's?  Obviously they will lose connection to the network but they should stay running correct since both the host storage port and OVC storage port are on the same vswitch?

Our biggest worry was the OVC IP trying to failover which may cause issues but I don't know if this is true or not.

2 REPLIES 2
DaveOb
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Simplivity impact from switch upgrade

Are the nodes using the 1GB for managment ?

If you are using the 1GB for managment then there should be no impact.The nodes will still be running and available over the managment interface so IP failover will not trigger as these will still respond to ARP.

Performance will be degraded while using 1 gb, you should see alerts unable to reach expected ports on the ... network 

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
bbelew
Advisor

Re: Simplivity impact from switch upgrade

Yep we are using the 1GB for management and I didn't even think about that.

Thanks!