5018 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Simplivity ready for Windwos Server 2019

cheesi
Advisor

Simplivity ready for Windwos Server 2019

Hello community,

do you know if all necessary components for simplicity above version 4.0 is supported to run on Windows Server 2019. So I mean is is ok to run the Arbiter, Upgrade Manager, Update Manager on Windows Server 2019. Because I can't find any information in the Interoperability Matrix.

Thanks,Alex

5 REPLIES 5
DaveOb
HPE Pro

The windows version should be listed in the upgrade guide/deployment guide Server 2019 is not supported for the arbiter Upgrade/Deployment  manager at this time. 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00090804en_us 4.0 upgrade manager

Deployment 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00090801en_us  

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
HarunA
Occasional Visitor

We have just ordered a Simplivity turnkey solution and the Arbiter Node came with the Windows Server 2019 Standard  installation media with the matching Productkey on the server chassi? if it is not supported to run arbiter on server 2019 it should have shipped with the server 2016 media and the installation key! Is it possible to download the server 2016 standard version from an HPE site and use the same key on the server chassi?

fermarloe1
Occasional Visitor

Is the Windows Server 2019 yet not supported for the Deployment Manager and Arbiter?

gustenar
HPE Pro

Hello @fermarloe1 ,

Based on the latest Simplivity Deployment Guide: 

Supported operating systems: Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2008 R2, Windows 10

HPE OmniStack 4.1.0 for vSphere Deployment Guide check page 16.

Hope it helps.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
fermarloe1
Occasional Visitor

Oh yes! It helps. Thanks a lot, gustenar.

Regards.