7676 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Simplivity with vCenter High Availability or vCenter Embedded Linked Mode

RicT1
Valued Contributor

Simplivity with vCenter High Availability or vCenter Embedded Linked Mode

Hello,

Does Simplivity support one this two following vCenter feature?

1) vCenter High Availability : https://virtualizationreview.com/articles/2017/03/31/vcenter-high-availability-in-vsphere-6_5-tutorial.aspx

2) vCenter Embedded Linked Mode : https://wuchikin.wordpress.com/2018/07/01/vcenter-embedded-linked-mode-for-a-vcsa-with-embedded-psc/

Simplivity Deployement Guide only refer to vCenter Enhanced Linked Mode.

Regards

Ric

2 REPLIES 2
MikeSeden
HPE Pro

Re: Simplivity with vCenter High Availability or vCenter Embedded Linked Mode

Enhanced Linked Mode connects multiple vCenter Server systems together by using one or more Platform Services Controllers.

Enhanced Linked Mode lets you view and search across all linked vCenter Server systems and replicate roles, permissions, licenses, policies, and tags.

You can connect vCenter Server Appliance deployments with an embedded Platform Services Controller together to form a domain. Enhanced linked mode support for vCenter Server Appliance deployments with an embedded Platform Services Controller is not supported for Windows vCenter Server installations. vCenter Enhanced Linked Mode for vCenter Server Appliance deployments with an embedded Platform Services Controller is supported starting with vSphere 6.5 Update 2 and suitable for most deployments.

So the short answer is yes. The embedded PSC mode is covered under Enhanced linkj mode. 

The  inportant thing to remember is that the vCenter defines your Federation boundries.  For External PSC's you deploy the vCenter from the  original PSC to keep it in the fed. For embedded you join them. Here is aguide, start reading about page 22. Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions- /VMware-vSphere/6.7/vsphere-vcenter-server-67-installation-guide.pdf

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo
RicT1
Valued Contributor

Re: Simplivity with vCenter High Availability or vCenter Embedded Linked Mode

Hi,

We didn't have a second vCenter Licence for Enhanced Linked Mode. So my question is can i implement vCenter HA with Simplivity like in the picture below?

122716_1243_Howtodeploy1.png

Regards