4783 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Simplivt MTU Size

sampiyonts
Frequent Advisor

Simplivt MTU Size

Hello,,

When I change the mtu value on the esxi management switch, is it necessary to change the mtu value also on ovc?

5 REPLIES 5
tpaulat
HPE Pro

Hello, is there any specific requirement to   lower the MTU on ESXi?

There is usually no need to lower ESXi vmk MTU, on OVC it can be more important to have a proper MTU set. That MTU you`ll need to use?

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

sampiyonts
Frequent Advisor

Hello
We have to plan to disaster site with new one simplivty node. But disaster site back to mpls network and it does only support 1500 mtu. So our hq site vmware management and ovc management has already 9000 mtu. Thats why So we cant deploy the disaster. I just need to change the value of esxi management mtu, otherwise ovc management should also change
JohnHHaines
HPE Pro

The MTU of 9000 is only required between nodes in the SAME cluster, on only the Storage and Federation networks.

The management network does not require Jumbo Frames, and offers no benefit from doing so.

If it has been set to an MTU of 9000, you will need to open a support ticket to change it.

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
sampiyonts
Frequent Advisor

How can i change to mtu in ovc to 1500 for ovc management in cli?

Sent from my iPhone
tpaulat
HPE Pro

In case you`ll need to change the MTU on OVC management in Headquarter please open a ticket and a HPE engineer will assist doing so. Only changing ESXi won`t do the trick here.

I`d suggest to open a ticket to do this and have it reviewed. If Deployment Manager complains about MTU 1500/9000 during deployment you will need to involve support.

In this case please open a ticket to get assistance.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo