108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Stretched cluster and Arbiter scenario

SOLVED
Go to solution
J-Philippe
Regular Advisor

Thank You Shivam, once again I'm not talking about a site or host going down but just loosing network connection with his partner.

1 federation

Site 1 contains Host A

Site 2 contains Host B

Site 3 contains Arbiter

Zone enable or not with a 2 nodes cluster P and S data will be in fact distributed accros both nodes.

Host Isolation response : Disabled

So in the event of breaking the network link between the site 1 and 2 (just the network, host A and B remains Powered On) but reachable from the site 3 that host the Arbiter I guess (but I would have feedback from HPE) that VM that will continue to work respectively on their Host. and the HA should be degraded.

Once the Network link goes up between Site 1 and Site 2 Host A and Host B via OVC should synchronize data and then HA should return to Green, am I correct ?

Best Regards, Jean-Philippe.

Askey_15
HPE Pro

@J-Philippe 

Hi Jean,

Considering that its only the network that is broken between the two sites and the VMs running on respective host are still able to access the datastore on their respective network should work fine and the HA fuction will be degrated for which the S copies might not be in Sync as the link has been broken. Once the Sites are able to communicate then we might see some rebuilding process in the background depending on the data size and once that is done the HA sync will be Green again.

Regards,

Abhishek

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo