HPE SimpliVity
1752678 Members
5599 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

TestNetworkSetupValidator: Host network setup failed

SSWK1

TestNetworkSetupValidator: Host network setup failed

Having trouble deploying a 3node simplivity cluster I have checked with the networking department and verifyed all connections manually and everything seem to be correct however I can get past this errors of Host Network setup failed. The deployment manager is on the same Vlan as the managment network and can connect to each host using the temporary IP currently assignd. Any Ideas on where to look for the problem?> 

2021-03-01 15:35:13,748Z DEBUG main [c.s.d.v.NetworkPortAccessValidator] executeTestPlan(ValidationExecutor.java:35) - OmniStack Host Test Network Setup
2021-03-01 15:35:13,748Z INFO main [c.s.d.v.NetworkPortAccessValidator] executeTest(TestNetworkSetupValidator.java:297) - Setting up test network for HOST_TYPE
2021-03-01 15:35:13,752Z ERROR main [c.s.d.v.NetworkPortAccessValidator] checkNetworkInterfaceRetrieverResult(TestNetworkSetupValidator.java:231) - Related network configuration for CHECK_HOST_MANAGEMENT_INTERFACE_RETRIEVER is invalid: INVALID_CONFIG
2021-03-01 15:35:13,753Z ERROR main [c.s.d.v.NetworkPortAccessValidator] logValidationSummary(AbstractValidator.java:407) - TestNetworkSetupValidator: Host network setup failed.

5 REPLIES 5
gustenar
HPE Pro

Re: TestNetworkSetupValidator: Host network setup failed

Hello @SSWK1 

Did you clear the RAID configuraiton for both rear and front logical disks before trying to deploy?

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
AleksandarPeev
Advisor

This has helped me in recovering from a failed deployment

Gaisu
Advisor

Hello @gustenar ,

Your solution helped solving our deployent, Thanks.

I'm curios though why clearing the RAID solves such issue, I believe the RAID has no data except the installer right?

gustenar
HPE Pro

@Gaisu not sure what specific issue you experienced. Deployment Manager needs a clean logical volume to install the OS on the hosts, and it will take care of creating the logical volumes for the data disks. If it encounters problems during this process due to old volumes still available it will fail the deployment. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Gaisu
Advisor

Hello @gustenar,

Thanks, I really appreciate your reply.